Throttle body sync question

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Sync'd the throttle bodies on the bike a few times, but always just got them within each other.
Gonna do it again; just for something to do.
Question is what is the proper mm hg that the bike is supposed to be pulling?
I know that the recommend max difference is 20mm hg; but what is the best mm HG to have them set at?

I wondered that myself when I did mine. I read what I could find and came to the conclusion , right or wrong, there is not a best mm hg to reach...only that they are within the range.

Maybe some one will clear this up with a factual response.

I wondered that myself when I did mine. I read what I could find and came to the conclusion , right or wrong, there is not a best mm hg to reach...only that they are within the range.

Maybe some one will clear this up with a factual response.

Wondered it before, just did it the way everyone always does.
But looking for throttle body sync on google for other bikes, they list a specific mm hg to have and the max difference.
Surely there is a set mark for the busa instead of just get them within a range.

Idle minds....
next thing you'll want to know is how to adjust your chain!:laugh:

according to page 60-61 of Clymers, as long as they are the same they are good. They do not list a range to be in. :dunno:

according to page 60-61 of Clymers, as long as they are the same they are good. They do not list a range to be in. :dunno:

Haynes pretty much said within 20mm hg of each other.
Surely there is a set range.
One bike could be real low, while another could be adjusted real high.

as long as they are the same they are good. They do not list a range to be in. :dunno:

That's correct - don't focus on how much they are pulling, rather, get them as close to each other as you can. The closer you can get them, the smoother she'll run ;)

Somewhere in the middle...you know me i'm not that techie. All i did was turn the little screwy thingy for 1 and 2 until the the stuff in the thermometer was even, then did the same for 3 and 4. then made them all dance even steven with the middle adjusting screwy. That's how my Clymer says to do it and i'm sticking to it!:whistle:
Ran alot better afterwards.:cheerleader:

Sync'd the throttle bodies on the bike a few times, but always just got them within each other.
Gonna do it again; just for something to do.
Question is what is the proper mm hg that the bike is supposed to be pulling?
I know that the recommend max difference is 20mm hg; but what is the best mm HG to have them set at?

does anyone know what the firing order is on a 2003 hayabusa..and if so can you give a brief step by step of what i need to do first...bike is very loud and backfiring

does anyone know what the firing order is on a 2003 hayabusa..and if so can you give a brief step by step of what i need to do first...bike is very loud and backfiring

Welcome!

:welcome:

Please describe the backfiring, when and what type etc.
Here is the firing order:

Firing Order.JPG

Last edited:
it only back fires when he throttles out. he is trying to level it out without using that tool that measures each one..he seems to think that he may need a throttle body....does anyone know of a website that are pretty reasonable on there prices?

Back