Throttle body inspection and Tank cleaning questions

Jose J Ortega

Registered
Well guys... Now that I finish checking the valve clearance, send the ECU to Frank at POWERHOUSE want to do some preventive maintenance and inspection. I remove the Very dirty throttle body(see pics) and clean it with carburetor cleaner. My first question is what shud I inspect, clean or replace now that I have the throttle body out?

I just order iradium sparkplugs and the fuel filter for the fuel pump and wanted to also clean the inside of the tank. What can I use to clean it with out ruin my expensive paint?

Thanks in advance

20180209_165659.jpg

20180209_165642.jpg

20180209_170359.jpg

20180209_165830.jpg

There are several good brands of biodegradable rust removers, available by the gallon at most auto parts chains.
Fill the tank, shake it up good, let it sit for several hours/overnight, drain, repeat as needed.
Once should be enough for a bike that was running, and the tank looked ok inside.

I'd want to get some specific recommendations if possible. If it's just dirt and sediment you want to clean, denatured alcohol is what the SM probably recommends. Swish it around and pour it out. Blow dry with compressed air. Let it sit open for several days---maybe do a swirl of gas to dilute any possible remnants and empty that into your car.

I'd want to get some specific recommendations if possible. If it's just dirt and sediment you want to clean, denatured alcohol is what the SM probably recommends. Swish it around and pour it out. Blow dry with compressed air. Let it sit open for several days---maybe do a swirl of gas to dilute any possible remnants and empty that into your car.

Ok
Evapo-Rust

I have used it.
No fumes, biodegradable, works great.
Used it again a few months ago on a friend's 4wheeler, with a metal gas tank.
Sat in storage with half a tank of gas for about 16 years. You can imagine the tank above the gas line.
The carburetor was the worst I'de ever seen.
Literally had black stalagtites of solidified gas hanging into the float bowl.
I half filled the tank, shook it, let it sit a couple hours, shook again, turned over and let sit(yes, gas cap on), left over night, repeated, and was amazed at the results.
It even cleaned up the carburetor after much cleaning and scrubbing with carb cleaner.
EvapoRust works excellent.
And the 4wheeler, runs like new, no hidden rust or scale has came loose and clogged things up.
Which is no suprise, because inside the tank was just shiny bare metal.

Back