Throttle Body Cleaner

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
A neighbour with an R1M asked if he could use throttle body cleaner in his bike...

I really didn't know the answer...I use it in our car and truck but have never used it in a bike...

What do the silverbacks say?

He uses a fuel additive for cleaning the injectors and cylinder head but wanted something to clean the "air" side of the system. Fuel additives don't clean the throttle bodies.

A neighbour with an R1M asked if he could use throttle body cleaner in his bike...

I really didn't know the answer...I use it in our car and truck but have never used it in a bike...

What do the silverbacks say?

Fuel has cleaning additives in it, and as long as the injectors are spraying correctly the fuel washes and prevents carbon build up on the intake runners.

There’s a space in between the throttle blade and injector nozzle that fuel doesn’t spray, and that’s where carbon tend to build up. This is where throttle body cleaner comes in to the picture.

Fuel has cleaning additives in it, and as long as the injectors are spraying correctly the fuel washes and prevents carbon build up on the intake runners.

There’s a space in between the throttle blade and injector nozzle that fuel doesn’t spray, and that’s where carbon tend to build up. This is where throttle body cleaner comes in to the picture.
So he can spray throttle body cleaner in there without taking off the bodies?

Back