throttle bodies

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Here's your hint...look closely at the throttle blades :whistle: I wish I would have thought of that.:banghead: What an easy improvement.

bladeview.jpg

Im not the smartest on these kinda things. I was gonna have to say the thickness or the shape?

there's no shaft and no screws mounting the butterfly :bowdown:

this design is as close to a barrel valve while still retaining the part throttle improved response of the butterflies over a barrel design.

so how does that exactly work? Just wondering I would like to know if you got time to explain.

seeing that the design is truly patented I don't think the how it works is completely available. Obviously there's some way that they've figured out to secure the butterfly at each side where it pivots in the trottle body. As far as the benefit... less restriction, better flow, and as close to an open bore as possible. :bowdown:

I think when your talking about response time, I think you mean time from wack throttle open until rear wheel response... if that's the case then that's more tuning specific than anything else. Not have a shaft in the TB's improves the air flow which would result in a hp and torque increase.

seeing that the design is truly patented I don't think the how it works is completely available.

Anything that has a patent can be searched on the US Patent site where you can get photos, diagrams, descriptions, etc. Just enter the patent number and you're on your way.

Back