Throttle adjust/coolant flush

renaldoaoa

Registered
Hi all!!

Firstly. I put some locktight on the back of the screw on the idle adjuster. Since Ive put this on everythings been good but today I found that Ive lost the ability to move my ajuster on my left bar. When Im at idle Im running around 2k but when I put in gear it runs around 1.5. Should I not worry about this or should I try to change something? Do they make a locktight remover?
BTW I havent looked at it since I did this adjustment.

Secondly. Ive changed my coolant in the past month or so. The first time I rode it, it was overheating like a mother so I went back and played with lines to get out air bubbles. Everythings running good now but now when I turn my bike off and restart my guage hovers high for a few secs then slowly works it way down back to half. Its never done this before so Im curious if this is something else I should be worried about.

Any ideas

Many thanks!!

When you say idle adjuster on your left bar, do you mean the fast idle lever above your horn? You might be able to spray wd-40 in there to back the screw out, sounds like you made it too tight. The actual idle adjustment is under the tank on the right side of the throttle bodies. Looks like a brass colored philips head screw with a spring on the back.

Thanks for the reply MC.

I went for the ride last night and lost the ability to use the choke (idle adjuster on left bar above the horn), but I also had problems with my idle moving (on it own) to a higher rev. Basically when I was riding I started with 1200 rpm and when I got back home my bikes idle was 2800 rpm. So to me the bike was making itself rev higher for some reason. When I would let the clutch out it would revert to 1500 rpm but when I pulled it in it would be back at 2800 rpm.

Looking at it today I turned actual idle adjuster (right side under tank, lower adjustment with the screw) this was the screw that I put locktight on but I dont think the locktight was actually holding it because I turned the screw easily as normal. I backed it off a bit a started.
Now it seems that I have some control back in my choke (adjust above horn) and all seems well in that department.
The problem still stands with the bike itself reving up on it own.
Letting it run for 20 mins I started at 1200 rpm and when I turned it off it was rising to 1600 rpm. That makes me think things are gonna be the same as last night and nothing was really fixed.
At this point I really dont understand why its doing what its doing. I have the idle (undertank) set to what I want but yet when I ride it the idle moves up faster and faster on its own. This is making me think that the problem has nothing to do with the actual adjustment but maybe something else but I have no clue what that could be.

Any ideas?

I just did my 1st throttle adjustment last night,and yes,it is UFB now!!
What I found out is when you adjust the throttle cables (throttle advance /and return) just underneath your right grip,you can actually go too much which will make your RPM too high.
I adjusted my cables so no slack on advance,and then went and adjusted the idle screw under the tank.
I did not at all play with the (sort of called choke cable)

Back