Three cheers for no gear!

To bad they didn't get a few shots of the chubby guy earlier. Would be interesting to see what actually put him on the deck. I have a feeling it was to much front brake? The second guy shows you can actually highside a harley bagger with the rear brake.

The poor bloke in front may have actually come out of that without much rash. His size and being so round kept him rolling rather than sliding. I bet they were both very sore the next day.

The video was cool.No chicken strips on those tires.I would love to get a liter bike and get back into the twisties.

It's a public road for crying out loud, It's not a controlled closed course. They call it the tree of shame for a reason:whistle:.
Knowing that stretch of road & it's heavily traveled and often by tractor trailers, shame on the fool on two wheels that uses it as his own spirited race track.

It is the perfect spot to watch people crash and enjoy the crashes! If they are hurt its even better! For me, it is a thinning of the herd spot. The idiots get thinned. I would love to be able to go there and just watch the worst spot for a day. There are few places where you can watch the thinning that close. You have to love it!

It is the perfect spot to watch people crash and enjoy the crashes! If they are hurt its even better! For me, it is a thinning of the herd spot. The idiots get thinned. I would love to be able to go there and just watch the worst spot for a day. There are few places where you can watch the thinning that close. You have to love it!

I guess I have mixed feelings about watching crashing. For the most part, it's not something I would want to be a part of. However, I would have gotten a bunch of satisfaction watching the tool in a crossfire that nearly killed me (4 tires in my lane going the wrong way) blow an exit and write the thing off with a tree. Granted I would get more out of a lane crosser eating grill, I would still feel bad that I just laughed at someones family member getting mangled. Don't know how much "sport" there is in that.

I would imagine most people that end up with some jack@$$ hood surfing across their car don't feel any better that he was just being stupid and probably deserved it, others would be glad for the front row seats to each their own I suppose.

Lot of good that skull cap's going to do. I thinking the next frame shows his bare nude face eating that pavement. First guy - check speed. Second guy - check interval. Hope they walked away!

man it pays to play. full fingered gloves and a full face lid should be the standard for the "dragon". i have never been there but from what i have read, you can get your ass handed to you in a blink of an eye.

1.jpg

Wonder if this is his initial ground-strike, or if he's on his 2nd or 3rd bounce......?

Now that I've seen the whole series.... he's already bounced once in the above pic; he's about to have groundstrike #2....

The poor bloke in front may have actually come out of that without much rash. His size and being so round kept him rolling rather than sliding.

Photo #12 in that series is pretty telling.... in that pic, Mr. Cheeseburgers is already showing blood on his left elbow as he starts to enter Tumble #3. Meanwhile, the Rugged Individualist behind him is in the process of snapping his right collarbone in two as he grinds his right elbow into a bloody pulp on the asphalt. Meanwhile, the Hardley he recently departed is about to land on his legs...

Pretty much a bad day for these dudes.... but at least they looked cool right up to asphalt-surfing time..... ???

Back