thoughts on this jacket??

i have the 2xl version. too big. 6'3" @ 240lbs. i threw up a little in my mouth when i saw the price online....

i usually wear a backpack so i dont really show off the back.

i actually got a medium, i'm like a rail. I normally wear a backpack too so i guess u wouldn't see the back when i'm wearing it. So do u like the jacket??

i just posted that site so others could see what the jacket looked like to get some opinions. It was normally $240 but i ended up getting it on closeout for 180

the jacket looks good ,but it is a little busy for my taste w/ all of those patches.

i wonder if i could take a few of the patches off without damaging the jacket, they're probably iron'ed or glued on i bet

I have the same jacket and think its too flashy but for the price I paid I wouldnt care what it had on it. I tried to take one of the patches off but for the life of me cannot remember why it didnt work out. Good jacket very comfortable and at a discounted price even better!

Hemi, i know what you mean about cooler jacket than a leather one...been over 105 F here for over a week. My main criteria for a jacket isn't how cool it looks..but how will it protect me in a crash/slide situation. I don't think I have heard to many good things about nylon in a slide. For the life of me i can't remember if it is polypropylene or nylon that will melt in a slide an attach itself to your skin. Hopefully one of the guys on the .org will chime in and help me out here. I paid a ton of money for my Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar jacket...but for me it is worth knowing that I won't suffer abrasions in it...and the soft armour versus hard plastic armour is more to my way of thinking in a collision with the ground...ie..high sided

i like it. not too busy for me lol i even added an "Iraq Vet" patch to the front in case i get pulled over :). breathes well but 95+ weather you are still sweating your ballz off.

i like it. not too busy for me lol i even added an "Iraq Vet" patch to the front in case i get pulled over :). breathes well but 95+ weather you are still sweating your ballz off.

Hate to thread jack (okay, not really) but your post enticed me a bit. You say that you added a Vet patch in case you get pulled over. Comming from a law enforcment/civil service family, this interests me some. Evidently, you feel that due to being a vet, you should be able to speed, with immunity to the legal ramifications. So I wonder, if police officers, police officer's families, firefighters and thier respective families (both volunteer and career of course), and apprently all the vets of the world (not to mention every other Tom, **** and Harry that can put a sticker/pin/patch noting thier direct or indirect affiliation with whatever it may be) of the world feel that that they should get out of a ticket... just who is left to make it worth having a speed limit at all? :laugh:

I'm not meaning any ill will, this just happens to be a topic of my house hold. It's funny really. Cops see these things on every other vehicle they pull over. They write thier ticket then go laugh about it with the guys.

Hate to thread jack (okay, not really) but your post enticed me a bit. You say that you added a Vet patch in case you get pulled over. Comming from a law enforcment/civil service family, this interests me some. Evidently, you feel that due to being a vet, you should be able to speed, with immunity to the legal ramifications. So I wonder, if police officers, police officer's families, firefighters and thier respective families (both volunteer and career of course), and apprently all the vets of the world (not to mention every other Tom, **** and Harry that can put a sticker/pin/patch noting thier direct or indirect affiliation with whatever it may be) of the world feel that that they should get out of a ticket... just who is left to make it worth having a speed limit at all? :laugh:

I'm not meaning any ill will, this just happens to be a topic of my house hold. It's funny really. Cops see these things on every other vehicle they pull over. They write thier ticket then go laugh about it with the guys.

Good Point !!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

i actually got bored when i got home from work (second shift) and decided to see if i could remove the patches. I did successfully and can hardly tell where they were, i removed every patch on the back and the busa one's on the shoulders bc i thought they were a little tacky. Now i'm happy and have the jacket i wanted, just hayabusa on the front and back, joe rocket and suzuki patches on the shoulders. I'll post up pics tomorrow of my modded jacket:laugh::laugh:

got the same jacket in white and also think its tacky. Also purcahsed at a great deal. but also have no problem wearing it without a backpack, but very interested to see what it looks like without the patches... I might follow in your steps if me likey!

I don't think the pin or patch will get anyone out of anything. But it is a starting point for discussion. Many LEOs, Firefighters.....began their careers in the military and given the unrest in the world over he past 20 years many have seen combat, that experience is unlike any other and not in a good way. If you are not a vet you will not get it, that is not to be anything negative toward you but just the way it is. So if in the course of pulling a guy over a fellow vet sees a patch and the two begin telling war stories and find a common understanding of each other which results in a warning over a ticket then so be it. I got no problem with it.

here it is with the patches removed, i think it looks a lot better now. Can barely tell where they were

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

i actually got bored when i got home from work (second shift) and decided to see if i could remove the patches.

Why buy the jacket if you don't like the patches, they have plenty of plainer looking jackets out there. You could add a couple patches to the regular jacket. Just my .02

I have the same jacket and love it, don't think it's too flashy at all and is much cooler than a leather jacket on a 90 degree day. It looks good with jeans or my leather pants and is really confortable.

I have about 5 jackets hanging up on my rack both leather and textile, but this one is by far my favorite.

i liked it at first, but when i thought about it i decided it was a bit too flashy for me so i removed the patches. I wanted basically a black textile jacket with hayabusa/suzuki on it and this one was the only one i could find at my local motorcycle shop without ordering one

I would have left patches on or found black one and had a good shop embrodier on what you wanted.Honestly looks tackier now,you can see patch impressions...cool jackets though...

Back