Thoughts on these frame sliders?

Slowstang305

Registered
I'm wondering if these can be installed without even removing the fairings? What do you guys think? Are these just screw on or just worthless?

s-l1600.jpg

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I'm wondering if these can be installed without even removing the fairings? What do you guys think? Are these just screw on or just worthless?

View attachment 1607304
I can’t tell where they’d attach (and) they’re solid aluminum? Don’t know how aluminum would react to scraping the pavement vs the Delrin type material in other frame protectors that’s quite hard and dense but still gives (shreds) as they touch down.

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
No Cuts don’t usually have a large enough and strong enough bolt for a lay down and are really only good for a drop over.
Not so my friend. The T-Rex sliders have a connecting rod that runs through the engine bay connecting the 2 sides and making them appropriately strong. The sliders the OP posted do not look like a good idea because that will damage the frame. This is not conjecture on my part, tested 2 sets of T-Rex sliders and they work, wouldn't ride without them. Minimizing crash damage is only part of the issue, being able to ride her home is important too.

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Not so my friend. The T-Rex sliders have a connecting rod that runs through the engine bay connecting the 2 sides and making them appropriately strong. The sliders the OP posted do not look like a good idea because that will damage the frame. This is not conjecture on my part, tested 2 sets of T-Rex sliders and they work, wouldn't ride without them. Minimizing crash damage is only part of the issue, being able to ride her home is important too.
I said ‘don't usually‘, not referring to the T-Rex brand.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeusqing