Thoughts on swingarm,lowering, tuning , full exhaust

Jgarcia6988

Registered
hello all

First, I bought a M4 GP full exhaust. Do I need or should I get it tuned ?

Secondly I kinda of want to get a swingarm for my busa. It’s more of looks than anything. I don’t do any crazy corners. I like to just ride. I’m thinking 4 to 8 over just to match the tail . What do you guys think ?

Third, I want to lower my bike a little it looks and feels like the front is lowered for some reason but I am not sure. What’s your thoughts on lowering it or should I keep it as is .. only thing I like it now is because my driveway has a little hill and goes right Over with no problem at all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

F1AEF93F-8537-483E-9F07-3BF83B7F60B3.jpeg

EEDFDFCE-3C2F-4491-816F-FD2D30B6B04D.jpeg

CDE1DC0D-E397-452F-9C22-14BE5D5E6F49.jpeg

hello all

First, I bought a M4 GP full exhaust. Do I need or should I get it tuned ?

Secondly I kinda of want to get a swingarm for my busa. It’s more of looks than anything. I don’t do any crazy corners. I like to just ride. I’m thinking 4 to 8 over just to match the tail . What do you guys think ?

Third, I want to lower my bike a little it looks and feels like the front is lowered for some reason but I am not sure. What’s your thoughts on lowering it or should I keep it as is .. only thing I like it now is because my driveway has a little hill and goes right Over with no problem at all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

View attachment 1610619

View attachment 1610620

View attachment 1610621

589C2E6F-7CF8-44E3-8F0C-D5021BE4FA07.jpeg

65B50F4B-6A61-45CB-9401-7E7FEA33634F.jpeg

When you stretch it make sure to have your Shock Adjusted as well. Just a little bit. 4in stretch is a good all around stretch. Drop 1 tooth up front. Get a Speed-o-Healer to correct your ODO.

Tune isn't needed, but it's beneficial.
A 4 inch stretch won't hurt the handling too much, and if you like the look it will fit the bill as it's noticeable. Careful lowering, with fully adjustable links, is fine, but going too low will cause handling and clearance issues.

Reactions: c10
This is an area where everyone has their own opinion. Not a bad idea to listen to others. Then come up with your own. For me 4" over is almost not noticeable. I am 8" over and lowered close to 2". I am not looking to drag my elbow on the ground. But I don't have any problems leaning into corners the way this is set up. This bike goes to the drag strip often. But I'd have it set up the same way if I only rode on the street. I like the look. Here's a picture to give you an idea...

DSCN5997.JPG

To me the Gen 2s have always looked like the rear wheel is too far forward, at least compared to the bodywork. Whatever stretch, 4” or so would place the axle right under the end of the rear seat. Sort of in the middle of the lil baby hump they have. Sticking it out way past the taillight just doesn’t look right to me and would seriously affect cornering.

This is an area where everyone has their own opinion. Not a bad idea to listen to others. Then come up with your own. For me 4" over is almost not noticeable. I am 8" over and lowered close to 2". I am not looking to drag my elbow on the ground. But I don't have any problems leaning into corners the way this is set up. This bike goes to the drag strip often. But I'd have it set up the same way if I only rode on the street. I like the look. Here's a picture to give you an idea...

View attachment 1610624
I like how far that is.. I would say 6

To me the Gen 2s have always looked like the rear wheel is too far forward, at least compared to the bodywork. Whatever stretch, 4” or so would place the axle right under the end of the rear seat. Sort of in the middle of the lil baby hump they have. Sticking it out way past the taillight just doesn’t look right to me and would seriously affect cornering.
I agree

Tune isn't needed, but it's beneficial.
A 4 inch stretch won't hurt the handling too much, and if you like the look it will fit the bill as it's noticeable. Careful lowering, with fully adjustable links, is fine, but going too low will cause handling and clearance issues.
There’s two different ones does it matter ?

34F184EC-B134-477A-9945-DC7B57FA4A49.jpeg

On a gen 2 if you lower the front 1 inch, and lower the back so the bike sits just about level, the ABSOLUTE max you’ll want to go is 4” over. Any longer if you’re a heavy hitter, or like to ride with a passenger you’ll be smashing the tire in to the taillight over larger bumps.

Of course you’ll need to use a tiger tail, or one of my Street/racer inner fender/under tail.

View attachment 1610626

On a gen 2 if you lower the front 1 inch, and lower the back so the bike sits just about level, the ABSOLUTE max you’ll want to go is 4” over. Any longer if you’re a heavy hitter, or like to ride with a passenger you’ll be smashing the tire in to the taillight over larger bumps.

Of course you’ll need to use a tiger tail, or one of my Street/racer inner fender/under tail.
Didn’t think of that how far back is yours ? And you mentioned inner fender under tail ?

Didn’t think of that how far back is yours ? And you mentioned inner fender under tail ?
That’s a customers bike. That’s a 4” over arm set at 4”.

look up a tiger tail. It’s a tray that replaces the factory plastic inner fender to give the absolute maximum amount of tire clearance. Tiger tails eliminate all your trunk space.

my street/racer tail allows for even more clearance and gives you ample space.

That’s a customers bike. That’s a 4” over arm set at 4”.

look up a tiger tail. It’s a tray that replaces the factory plastic inner fender to give the absolute maximum amount of tire clearance. Tiger tails eliminate all your trunk space.

my street/racer tail allows for even more clearance and gives you ample space.
View attachment 1610627

View attachment 1610628

View attachment 1610629

View attachment 1610630
Then I think I’ll stay at 4”

When you stretch it make sure to have your Shock Adjusted as well. Just a little bit. 4in stretch is a good all around stretch. Drop 1 tooth up front. Get a Speed-o-Healer to correct your ODO.
So what kind of swing arm would I be looking for there’s different brands and different options.

So what kind of swing arm would I be looking for there’s different brands and different options.
Bolt on extensions are the cheapest and most dangerous way to go. I've seen them last, but I've also seen them fail catastrophically. A reputable welder can weld extensions to your stock arm, or you can purchase a custom arm either new or used. Check the classifieds here, there's usually someone selling something.

View attachment 1610626

That looks right.

Back