Thoughts on my spark plugs

busanewb

Registered
My plugs seem a bit lean but wanted y'alls opinion. I've seen mixed opinions on what is lean and rich on hayabusa spark plugs.

20180617_202912.jpg

A better pic would be helpful, but yeah, looks a bit lean, gen 1 or gen2?
Do you have any surging at constant throttle at 60 to 70 mph ? I had my 99 gen 1 like that, lean with surging and got it on a dyno, air/fuel ratio was up to 20:1 at cruise and under fuel power it was 14:1.
It turned out the fuel pump sleeve screen was blocked restricting fuel flow causing lean condition.
Yours may be a totally different issue, but a dyno tune is recommended for good diagnosis and pc mapping etc.

A better pic would be helpful, but yeah, looks a bit lean, gen 1 or gen2?
Do you have any surging at constant throttle at 60 to 70 mph ? I had my 99 gen 1 like that, lean with surging and got it on a dyno, air/fuel ratio was up to 20:1 at cruise and under fuel power it was 14:1.
It turned out the fuel pump sleeve screen was blocked restricting fuel flow causing lean condition.
Yours may be a totally different issue, but a dyno tune is recommended for good diagnosis and pc mapping etc.
It's gen 2. It was dyno tuned but not by a very good tuner I found out. Bike has about 4500 miles on it, 3500 of those have been "tuned". I'm at the point of wondering if the pistons and cylinders need to be inspected... I haven't experienced and surging. Bike rides hard still just worries me how light the plugs look

It's gen 2. It was dyno tuned but not by a very good tuner I found out. Bike has about 4500 miles on it, 3500 of those have been "tuned". I'm at the point of wondering if the pistons and cylinders need to be inspected... I haven't experienced and surging. Bike rides hard still just worries me how light the plugs look
Just go see a good tuner, get it dynoed, start with the basics and don't get too far ahead of yourself with thinking Pistons and rings need looking at.

Back