Thoughts on Helibars ?

40thhayabusa

Registered
Thinking of adding Helibars to my '03' Busa and just wanted some thoughts as to how they improve the comfort of the bike ? I get some awful sore palms on my bike don't get me wrong love the bike but ouch ! thanks for the input....

Here is my baby !

40thbusa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of adding Helibars to my '03' Busa and just wanted some thoughts as to how they improve the comfort of the bike ? I get some awful sore palms on my bike don't get me wrong love the bike but ouch ! thanks for the input....
I have Genmar on my '01 and Heli's on the '02. Personally, I like the Genmar better. I think it looks nicer (the smaller one not the X2) and it feels more sporty. The Heli spreads my arms out more, which may be more comfy (Maybe), but it makes the steering feel a lot less sporty. I am too lazy to mess with it now, but I may take mine back off the Turbo...

Did you have to remove the casting that covers the fork-tops to fit the Helibars,its the cover that has the hayabusa name cast into it.I ask this as in a magazine article it said that you could not drop the forks thruogh the top yoke due to this cover.just thought I would ask.

I've got a 2003 with the Helibars. Very nice. It brings the bars up and closer to the rider, and even widens the grip a bit.

If you're tall, I would highly recommend this mod!

Both Gen-Mar and Helibars will give you some relief. Gen-mar risers are cheaper than Helibars but IMHO they really ass up the bike, they raise the whole trippleclamp cover to raise your bars, leaving your fork adjusters in a hole and the whole thing looking sorta wrong sort of backyarded together...

The Helibars work great, will give you plenty of lift and are downright hard to spot when installed. Either will do the job, just depends on how picky you are.

My .02

In a few more days I should have a nice writeup with pics of Helibars being installed on a 2003 uploaded to my site.

Sam

I love the heli-bars. Definitely a more comfortable ride, and no one has ever noticed that the bars aren't factory unless i point it out. For a sportier feel just grip the bars closer in. Unfornately i may have to ditch em if when i drop the front end of the bike :frown: but hey you can't have everything.

I have a set of Heli bars for sale, 125.00 shipped. I am lowering the bike and it seems they have to go. But they were nice to have, can'nt have everything I guess.DHS1680@netzero.com if interested. I also have pics, just don'nt know how to put them on this site.

I love the heli-bars. Definitely a more comfortable ride, and no one has ever noticed that the bars aren't factory unless i point it out. For a sportier feel just grip the bars closer in. Unfornately i may have to ditch em if when i drop the front end of the bike :frown: but hey you can't have everything.
First mod I did to mine, worth doing for taller riders. You will not have to get rid of to drop bike. Just buy a new triple clamp.

:type:

I added my Heli-bars within 400 miles on the bike. I like the comfort much better. I am only 5'7" but the difference was much improved. My hands do not have near the pressure and my neck does not hurt.
I say do it, if you do not like them sell them.
My bike is black/silver color so the black bars blend right in with the color.
My .02 worth.

Ride safe

Hey Gaw, Where did you get that avtar? That is one great looking picture. Do you have a full size pic you can post?

Back