Thoughts on headlight tint.

chowda633

Registered
Plans for my busa is to murder it out as much as possible! :D. When I bought it it looks as someone has keyed the headlight a bit. Looking to darken the look anyways and in my search for a headlight cover I stumbled across this company.

Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style

Anyone use these guys? They have one for the busa Headlight also. Anyone suggest a better cover? At the price might as well try it out its only 20 bucks.

I though of doing it at one time but never got around two it.

Try it and let us know. Also :welcome:

Another thing you can do is open up the headlight and blacken the chrome background of it...like this pic. It will give you the murder look with OUT dimming and tining the need brights at night time.

DSC00009.JPG

No tint for me. I need all the light I can get as I ride at night. It looks cool with the tint though. Would you believe I used to live in Coventry R. I.:laugh:

I looked at that website and with the HID's and their 5% tint covers, it might look pretty good and not take away from your light. might try it too.

BigRod1300..do you lose the side reflectiveness of the light doing your mod? where i live the deer tend to pop out of the ditches as you drive by, good to have the peripheral light.

Got this one from Kempy about $40. It attaches with 4 small velcro tabs, so you can remove it at night.

100_0656.jpg

jonstintedtails.com

he's done a few lights for me, good customer service, quick turnaround.

I tried their tech area but gave up before I could find any info on the affect it had on the light. It's not for me but to each their own. If there's no impact to night visibilty I say go for it.

just pick up a used headlight & give it a whirl....

Hell I have a practice headlight I got layin around. Outter lense is scratched up but the reflector bowl is in good shape. Welcome to it if ya want
Posted via Mobile Device

I looked at that website and with the HID's and their 5% tint covers, it might look pretty good and not take away from your light. might try it too.

BigRod1300..do you lose the side reflectiveness of the light doing your mod? where i live the deer tend to pop out of the ditches as you drive by, good to have the peripheral light.

Dont realy know. The owner of that bike not around to talk to....plus that was on a show bike, may not even see the streets yets? I took the pic becuase it was diff and cought my eye.

if u mix some black paint in with clear coat and spray it on u can darken ur lights im bout to do my tailights on my truck

why bother mixin that crap? use nightshades on the inside. I did my taillight 3 coats on inside and when off it loooks just like the black tail section but when running and brakes its plenty bright
Posted via Mobile Device

Got this one from Kempy about $40. It attaches with 4 small velcro tabs, so you can remove it at night.

Is he a member on here? I like that one!

Can you pm me the contact info?

Thanks for a the great response!

Ordered the smoke turn signals too. Going to put 8k HID's in to help with the lighting situation.

Another thing you can do is open up the headlight and blacken the chrome background of it...like this pic. It will give you the murder look with OUT dimming and tining the need brights at night time.
Thats pretty sick... seems like a hassel though, have you done it yet?

:thumbsup:I haven`t done mine yet, but VHT Nightshades is awesome! I`m doing mine as soon as I can afford the H.I.D. upgrade.

makes me wanna do one reflector bowl in DupliColor Metalcast red & one with Nightshades...... need HID first & i can't afford it. anyone wanna trade a Roadlok Arachnid for a lowbeam HID ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back