Thoughts on a riding jacket?

I have a 2005 busa and want to get a leather jacket with patches on it. Im a prior military USAF combat veteran and I want to put patches on that represent that. What is the general consensus of wearing a leather cut on a sport bike? I'll post a pic of what I'm thinking but not the actual, and my bike. Picture says retired but mine would say veteran. Also not sure if I want a vest to wear over a hoodie or a jacket.... what do yall think??

20190222_140755.jpg

9efd4a59.jpg

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I'm pretty sure you don't have to ask permission on that one. Hell we're proud for your service too! Couple things: First, when you go down the arms will definitely hit and leather is the best policy there. Second, HD guys ride slower and with wind protection, so a lose flapping vest might be annoying. Even though I'm a healthy pig, I do wear stuff tighter than lose. Full leather is not really that hot on the bike to be honest.

Thanks for the input. I felt the same but been getting some slack that I ride a sport bike not a hd so u don't wear leather like that on a sport bike.. lol... I like the vest and hoodie but for protection the full jacket would be best I guess.

Nastee

Registered
Thanks for the input. I felt the same but been getting some slack that I ride a sport bike not a hd so u don't wear leather like that on a sport bike.. lol... I like the vest and hoodie but for protection the full jacket would be best I guess.
I have leather & textile the only problem with leather is the metal zipper which will scratch up an unprotected tank. Found out the hard way.

First and foremost, thank you for your service.

Secondly, if you want a vest I have one you can have if it will fit. I'm 6 foot and 165 pounds and it was a little loose on me.

First and foremost, thank you for your service.

Secondly, if you want a vest I have one you can have if it will fit. I'm 6 foot and 165 pounds and it was a little loose on me.
Thank you, and thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if that would fit me or not. I'm about 5'10" and 207. I wear a XL usually. Is yours smaller then that?

Let me know and thanks again.