Thoughts on a 2001 with 30k.

08BusaKY

Registered
I found this local 2001 (pic below) with 30k miles. I nice condition but I don't like the extended swingarm and exhaust.

Is there anything I have to worry about with a 2001? How many miles can I expect.

I have had two Gen2's but never a Gen1. I Think I can get this for 4k.

Not sure it is worth it since I would change the swingarm, chain, exhaust. Are all Gen1 swingarms the same?

I also found a really nice 06 for $5500 completely stock except slip ons. It even has reflectors. It only has 8k miles.
Thanks,
2001.jpg

I would get the 2006, just to get the 32bit ECU system that can be flashed, etc. 1999-2001 can be upgraded, but I would just get the 2006.
That’s not far at all. I rented a truck and drove 1k plus miles round trip to get my concours14 this past February.
Nah not too far. I would rather find one local in KY though. Go to County Clerk and get the paperwork done.
They said they would deliver the 06 if I wired the money. Not sure about buying a used bike without seeing in person and riding.

I would decidedly not by a bike unseen after my one unfortunate experience. but I would definitly go for the 06. If you are paying for stuff that you do not want you are paying more than the advertised price which when you sell the stuff you do not want you may not recoup

I would decidedly not by a bike unseen after my one unfortunate experience. but I would definitly go for the 06. If you are paying for stuff that you do not want you are paying more than the advertised price which when you sell the stuff you do not want you may not recoup

Yeah I think I gave up on the 01. He said the swingarm cost 1700.00. I would have just sold it one I changed it out. It was really close to where I live and that is why I considered it. He does not have any service receipts either.

Nah not too far. I would rather find one local in KY though. Go to County Clerk and get the paperwork done.
They said they would deliver the 06 if I wired the money. Not sure about buying a used bike without seeing in person and riding.
That doesn’t sound right. Don’t send any money like that. Too many scams have happened like that.

They do seem to However it has been my experience that while a lot of people eventually mod them The cost of them to buy is not the cost of them to sell. Most but not all buyers (especially dealers) want them as close to stock as they can get when privately bought or when traded in
The seller tries to get a big chunk of his money back I would rather buy the specific brand of Mod I want and know the history of the mods that are performed. Were I to mod any bike I keep the stock parts and return the bike to stock. The individual aftermarket parts seem to sell better that way

Is not like you are bikeless, so you can wait for the right deal, while enjoying your FJR.
Yes I am in no hurry. I still would like to see a 19 Grey and Red in person. I would be afraid I would trade my FJR for it. Love the FJR though for more practical reasons.

Yes I am in no hurry. I still would like to see a 19 Grey and Red in person. I would be afraid I would trade my FJR for it. Love the FJR though for more practical reasons.
Or keep them both. I find that my c14 and busa complement each other very well and love them both. Funny thing is, I bought the busa 8 years ago and have 14k miles, but put 7k miles on the concours in 8 months of riding.

Or keep them both. I find that my c14 and busa complement each other very well and love them both. Funny thing is, I bought the busa 8 years ago and have 14k miles, but put 7k miles on the concours in 8 months of riding.
I don't want to have that much money in two new bikes again. I figured and older Busa would be cheaper on insurance and registration...

Like the gang has said, the 06 is the way to go if you are inclined to get one right away.

A '19 would be where I was leaning if I was still looking for a Busa...going new is always great...I love the new smell when you come back off a ride.

Back