Thoughts, feelings on the honda cb1000?

mynewride

Registered
my brother is looking to get a new bike soon. he has his eyes on 2 bikes, the honda cb1000 and the soon to be released yamaha fz09. this will be his first new bike. Im looking for opinions and experience if anyone has some on the cb1000. The color is not necessarily the one he will chose.

thanks

2013-honda-cb1000r-2_600x0w.jpg

2014_2_370164_rapidred.jpg

The FZ09 is the new cat's meow. Honda will most likely last forever, but like every other one I've ever ridden will be boring. Zzzz.....

Go for the tuning fork!

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Honda simply because of the looks.

Yes we do. I don't typically like the naked look except the Diavel or the newer V-Max.

I don't know much about the FZ09 but was I'd love to ride it. This engine is supposed to be sweet! I just sold my Triumph Sprint triple. It had a w i d e powerband that would pull deceptively hard from way down low. I suppose you can't go wrong with the Honda, but if a lightweight naked beast appeals to you don't pass up the Yamaha.

mynewride said:
he wants a naked bike. we both love the triumph speed and street triples, but they are too expensive.

I don't know what it is about these. But if I was in the market for a naked..... Not sure on used prices tho, I know you mentioned cost.

image-3094973092.jpg

image-3094973092.jpg

The FZ09 is the new cat's meow. Honda will most likely last forever, but like every other one I've ever ridden will be boring. Zzzz.....

Go for the tuning fork!

Have to agree. I'd choose the Yamaha just for the exhaust...but even without that it is WAYYYYY better looking!

Back