Thoughts about the models for the Covid 19 outlook April 2020

I think
that number
is waaaaaaay
overestimated .

But I may be wrong .

:beerchug:

Last edited:
I cleaned and detailed my baby three times yesterday, i don't know if Hayabusas can get the Corona Virus, but I can't take that risk...

I moved it six feet away from the lawn mower, (dirty, dirty, dirty, lawn mower, it's made in china! :crazy:) it always coughs a lot when it starts. God only know what filth it's spewing all over my baby.

The Chain saw is looking a little suspicious . :banghead:

LOL

cheers
ken

200k...I just don't see it especially looking at the death count in China and Italy. 11k+ deaths in Italy is the highest in deaths and 200k is not even close to that. Question. If they come out with a vaccine in the near future who here is taking it?

This is not about how many will die. Those 200,000 don't have to die and we don't know for sure they will or won't. I get a lot of people who don't believe the 200,000 number so they are not going to change their behavior because only 20,000 deaths is OK? Completely irrational.

I cleaned and detailed my baby three times yesterday, i don't know if Hayabusas can get the Corona Virus, but I can't take that risk...

I moved it six feet away from the lawn mower, (dirty, dirty, dirty, lawn mower, it's made in china! :crazy:) it always coughs a lot when it starts. God only know what filth it's spewing all over my baby.

The Chain saw is looking a little suspicious . :banghead:

LOL

cheers
ken
Aren't you a cook (excuse me, chef)? how are you doing with all this?

This is worth re-posting (thanks @rd99), as it both explains and informs: why some communities are recovering faster than others, and what that means to the rest of us.

Staying home on government money...

also beer

cheers
ken
how much do they pay you Canadians on the Govt subsidy?
We (NZ) get $585 (Govt subsidy) gross weekly, employers have to top that subsidy up to 80% of normal wages. My employer asked all employees to forfeit 40 hours annual leave pay each fortnight we are off work, to top up to 80%. They reckon the company cannot afford to pay that top up.
"We are all in this together"BS.
yeah, well did they ever give us any share of the profits over the years ?
I think not.
The mechanics in the car workshop were furious!
There was a lot of raised voices at that meeting.

#HeyGreg ~ #IsThatLikeAcoupleGoBigs ~ #WeGet5or6 ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
how much do they pay you Canadians on the Govt subsidy?
We (NZ) get $585 (Govt subsidy) gross weekly, employers have to top that subsidy up to 80% of normal wages. My employer asked all employees to forfeit 40 hours annual leave pay each fortnight we are off work, to top up to 80%. They reckon the company cannot afford to pay that top up.
"We are all in this together"BS.
yeah, well did they ever give us any share of the profits over the years ?
I think not.
The mechanics in the car workshop were furious!
There was a lot of raised voices at that meeting.
980 cnd every two weeks

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

"They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."
Rev 6

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

"They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."
Rev 6

Im curious to know in a healthy person what state your lungs/respiratory system are gonna be in after its been agressively attacked from Covid-19 , it hits harder than the usual flu we're used to.
Does it leave you in a weaker state to fight off future flu's/colds etc , is your lung capacity reduced ? I guess we'll know in a few months.

Great post btw Cap :D
I have a lot of friends in China. And they gave me this horrific piece of news. Apparently for some even if you survive the virus there are many males whose umm..hard wood doesn't work anymore. Some it seems to have melted or atrophied . Crazy . As if dying is not enough of a risk.

For the lungs it differs person to person . But chances are since it melts the blood vessels and burst the Alveoli in your lungs the lost oxygen capacity will be permanent. All depends on how much damage it caused. I heard patients say that their blood is on fire. All day. It's just melts whatever organist gets to. So inflammation control is key to survival.

I've read where many others have come through it with no problems and one of them was a 99 yr old...

Don't know personally and frankly, I don't really want to either...I've even stopped watching and reading the news, doom and gloom is not my thing.

I've read where many others have come through it with no problems and one of them was a 99 yr old...

Don't know personally and frankly, I don't really want to either...I've even stopped watching and reading the news, doom and gloom is not my thing.
I think the oldest I heard of was 103

...yet another life altering virus from the Republic of China...is anyone else getting sick and tired of all these viruses coming from that country??

Back