Thought I'd share this with the org. Bike stand/shelving unit...

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So a few months ago, I needed to do an oil change on the mighty busa.. I've been having some hip issues for the past few months to a year and working on my knees isn't much of an option for me, so I thought I'd build a bike stand.. Pretty simple, made out of 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood roughly following these plans.. BBC Racing / Marietta Motorsports / Motorcycle Stand

Well, on the "inside" of the box, I added some "shelves". My thought was, and still is, that I'm only gonna use this table one or two times a year max, so I'd stand it up, and use it as a shelf to hold stuff.

Well then I saw Card69 posting about the helmet hooks he bought from Lowes, and viola! Here she is.

Made on the cheap (the wood free from work :whistle: ) and it does a mighty fine job of everything!

Thought I'd share..

photo 1 (3).jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 1 (3).jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 1 (2).jpg

Jeez, just realized how blurry those couple are.. Sorry.. :down:

And rotated 90 deg.. :banghead:

is that baltic birch plywood? glued and screwed? The shelf unit looks great and holds whatever you stuff into it.

Good job sir. Does it slide much when you are putting the busa on it? I have to ride my busa up on my life have you tried that? :laugh: I wish my life was a little wider but it works for now. Am thinking about building some side pieces for it.

Not a fan of the complete plywood construction to hold such a valuable piece of of equipment that if it did fall on you could kill you.

Good work Botsington, I'd build one, but I cant do much more the Lego's when it comes to building. I was gonna snag a few pallets from work to use as a stand, but turns out thats not allowed and the Scooby Doo wasnt big enough to haul them home.:banghead:

Not a fan of the complete plywood construction to hold such a valuable piece of of equipment that if it did fall on you could kill you.

I'm one of the more anal-retentive people you'll meet as far as working on the bike goes.. It ain't goin' anywhere.. It'll fall off the pitbull before anything. I have a Baxley I could roll it into as well, but I needed to get to the push pins around the front wheel so I figured it'd be nice to be able to move the front wheel left to right.

If I were to make another one, I'd make it wider, and still might add a wider piece of plywood to the "top" of it for the next time I use it..

As far as it moving when I ramp the bike onto it, nope. Stayed put the whole time. Although, I'm not crazy enough to actually ride it up there, just call a neighbor and we pushed it... :beerchug:

Back