Those of you with the New image or Tobin Hump pad...

rashad

Registered
I figured I would ask this question in a new post, since not everyone reads every thread...

Do you guys with the hump pad reccomend one for someone who rides in the twisties? Can you slide back and forth ok with it on?

I noticed sitting on one that it holds you pretty still.. which is probly awesome for launching and touring.. but what about twistie sliding?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

I am looking forward to this answer bc I didnt think of this before I had new image do mine... IDIOT!!!!

haha dont be so hard on yourself nick, I didnt think about it until Lee set one behind me and let me sit on my bike with it.. it is bigger than you think and I KNOW it has to be comfy on long trips..

yeah I got them because the wife was not happy abou the jel burning her and I didnt want to go back to stock and have heard nothing bad about them... if you dont get an answer before the bash I will let you know then!

its takes some getting used too, I wear a back protector and its constantly hitting the back pad, but it can be unzipped for days on the twisties and put back on for longer rides.

Tobin with no hump

busa03.jpg

proud dad, ive never seen one without ANY type of hump lol.. that looks kinda neat.. I was actually talking about the big pad that goes on top of the seat.

Can it be unzipped while on the bike?

proud dad, ive never seen one without ANY type of hump lol.. that looks kinda neat.. I was actually talking about the big pad that goes on top of the seat.

Can it be unzipped while on the bike?

unless they redesigned the hump pads...they attach to your front seat and can be used...with or without a hump

I love the seat hate the pad would be great for dragen but not sliden.

Wow I really have no idea what you typed here.

But yeah, once I get that seat, the hump pad stays on at all times, I really dont see how it would mess up your sliding.

Hump pad is great if you drag race, it keeps you from sliding back. But for trips I NEVER use it. It stops me from moving side to side or back and forward to relax and change my leg positions. Plus, it makes me feel very cramped and locked into a non-moveable seating position. So, for Bike Night, Bike Show Days or 1/4 mile runs, that would be the ONLY reason I would put my Hump Rump :whistle: Pad on :beerchug:

i have had the hump pad for awhile now and love it never thought i would like the hump pad but once you get it makes alot of difference and it can be unzipped if you didnt want to ride with it

I had one made and it looks real nice on with the bike standing still, But unless i get Lee to slim mine down a little i can't fit my fat Ace between it and the tank without loosing one or both of the family jewels!

Have the seat and the hump pad and think it's great. Rode it through the Dragon during the Spring Bash, but will probably remove it the next time I go. Should have done it then since (as others have said) it just unzips from the bottom of the front seat. Same bike/seat with and without the hump.

Midnight (03 Oct 05) - 7.jpg

Midnight (04 Jul 06) - 6.jpg

You have to remove the seat to unzip the hump pad, if I'm not mistaken.
Anyhow, I love tha pad, and have never removed it, twisties and all.

CW

Back