Thompson's Custom Cycle swingarms?

mysticblu999

Registered
I just ordered a 6" over underbraced swingarm from thompsonscustomcycle.com. Just wondering what you guys thought of them.

And also how should i set the rear shock up? Do i need a stiffer spring?

Thanks in advance!

I bought a Thompson Custom Cycles swingarm that was a 0-6 Adjustable. I would suggest spending the money to have your Shock Revalved to your weight. It will cost more but it will be worth it. I think Thompsons makes very good swingarms. Just my 2cts ! :thumbsup:

100_0243.jpg

100_0247.jpg

100_0246.jpg

100_0248.jpg

100_0249.jpg

100_0256.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0252.jpg

Last edited:
If your a hefty fella, yea get it revalved. Otherwise its not bad for a OEM shock. If your draggin then you might want to look into Penske.

Yeah, thats the one that I ordered, the racelite one. Gonna try dragracing this year with it. I'm 6'4" and about 195 no gear. Am I and idiot for trying to learn on a turbo busa? I have no real experiance, just holeshots in MX, and some in a car, thats about it.....

Here is another really good place to get an arm.

Swingarms

Yeah I love those, they look great. Plus, they have a built in air tank.

Question, I want to install an air shifter. The guy at my local Suzuki dealer is a good mechanic, but has never installed one before. Could he do it, or should I drive hours away to some one that has more experience? I work in Knoxville, Tn so i could trailer the bike down there one day. Suggestions?

Here it is. my new swingarm and powdercoated wheels. It handles way better than i thought it would. Everyone make a extended bike sound like it will never be able to turn again. I swear, it feels almost like stock only a little lower. I feels really good still but I'm not gonna try to fly around the curves like i used to with it.

Believe it or not, but i rode it over the weekend when it got up to like 60 degrees here in Ky, after the tire warmed up it still pulled the front of the ground in 2nd!! i was really impressed!

I really want to take this thing to maxton!

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

Back