Thompson extended swingarm

Klutch556

Registered
Does anyone else have a Thompson extended swing arm on their bike? When I ordered mine a couple years ago it said they use the factory parts, but came with it's own set of axle blocks. I didn't think anything of it, but now that one of my axle blocks divorced me... I tried using my old factory set and found them to be 1/10" wider than the set provided by TCC. Is anyone elses TCC swing arm using 2" wide blocks as opposed to the 2.1" wide blocks that come factory?

I have two from Thompson. One on my Busa. The other on my Gixxer. They are both the Street Series. I had to use the axle blocks that came with the arms. The 2"x2" blocks. The OEM blocks won't work...

I have two from Thompson. One on my Busa. The other on my Gixxer. They are both the Street Series. I had to use the axle blocks that came with the arms. The 2"x2" blocks. The OEM blocks won't work...
That's what I was afraid of... Damn lol. So I guess the set of driven blocks I just ordered are gonna need to go back, lol. I wonder if I could just mill .050 off both sides of the drivens. In theory they should fit then, just have to make sure I mill em evenly.

I wonder if they just used gsxr1000 blocks or something?

You've got options. Mill the blocks you have on order. Mill down the OEM blocks. Or get a new set from Thompson...
yea, it was just a matter of me being annoyed the site says it uses oem parts and being annoyed that i lost one on the road somewhere because the guy who worked on my bike didn't torque things back to spec. I was just hoping for a quick easy fix, but that's not in my future, lol. Have to replace the rear axle, bearings seem ok, so that's great. Then I guess i'll take these new driven blocks and machine .060" off the tops and bottoms to get em to fit. Then when I was removing the motor mount support rod, or whatever you call the long ass bolt that runs across the motor, that it destroys the entire bolt. Completely destroys the threads, so I gotta get a new one of those too. i'm just bitching, ignore me :D

You might be able to get Thompson to send you a block. At one time Mike was easy to work with. I had him do some different things on both my arms. But now he's harder to get a hold of. I tried several times. I wanted to replace the pads the chain rubs on. Never got a human, just voice mail. I ended up making what I needed.

yea, it was just a matter of me being annoyed the site says it uses oem parts and being annoyed that i lost one on the road somewhere because the guy who worked on my bike didn't torque things back to spec. I was just hoping for a quick easy fix, but that's not in my future, lol. Have to replace the rear axle, bearings seem ok, so that's great. Then I guess i'll take these new driven blocks and machine .060" off the tops and bottoms to get em to fit. Then when I was removing the motor mount support rod, or whatever you call the long ass bolt that runs across the motor, that it destroys the entire bolt. Completely destroys the threads, so I gotta get a new one of those too. i'm just bitching, ignore me :D
I had to buy a bolt for my old Gen 1 and paid $48. Don’t even remember what bolt but I remember saying I cannot believe I’m paying $48 for one bolt.

You might be able to get Thompson to send you a block. At one time Mike was easy to work with. I had him do some different things on both my arms. But now he's harder to get a hold of. I tried several times. I wanted to replace the pads the chain rubs on. Never got a human, just voice mail. I ended up making what I needed.
Never found what I wanted a few years ago to go on underside of my arm.I had some nylon strips around and cut them down, put some 3m double sided tape on and like it better than the ones that came with it. Never even took the time to color it.

Screenshot_20220710-171811.png

I had to buy a bolt for my old Gen 1 and paid $48. Don’t even remember what bolt but I remember saying I cannot believe I’m paying $48 for one bolt.
I needed a sleeve for billet sprocket cover from rcc and got a pushrod also, he said that's gonna cost you more in shipping. He was right, stuff was about $15 and shipping was over $25. I should have cut my stock pushrod and made a sleeve

Back