This years winter projects ~ICEMANN~

ICEMANN

Registered
Made my own on the wall custom made fireplace. Backlit with with flexible LED'S. Powder coated steel.
Did all my own drawings, designs, and etching etc. 4ft wide 15 inch tall. Hangs off wall about 1/2 inch.

Average temp in large room is 96 with both wide open, 85 with them almost all the way closed. Very cumfy too. house temp set at 65.
Furnace doesnt come on hardly at all. Average around the rest of the house 70.

Before anyone ask's. Using a laser temp reader. Temp on wall beside unit is 86-90 degrees. Temp on wall above unit average 114.
Its been average 21 degrees in ohio. Clean burning no fumes, no odor, no problems. Is kinda heavy. Pans Stainless and last about 9 hours 1/2 way open,
and 6-7 wide open. very quiet also.

Thanks for lookin. ~ICE~

Last edited by a moderator:
The fuel is a clean, go green, bio fuel. You see bio fuel all the time with the sterno candle food warmers. open a can and light it. Place it under a pan and it keeps food hot. They are avail in much larger sized cans. However Bio Fuel is pure ethanol. Which is avail in no odor, no smoke, etc liquid. Moonshine with a you cant drink it additive.

My first build one was a metal background with chrome plastic sides. Looked like a 20x20 picture frame that was extra thick. Holders for the sterno fuel cans at the bottom and hidden by the chrome. Drop the cans in and light them. Instant fire. Very nice in the spa bathroom. Okay, out house. This series was more for the art.

The liquid bio fuels come in quart or gallon containers. Pour it in and light it. Thats it. Instant flame.

For me its more about the art, ambiance, and flow it creates. The warmth is nice too.

Cost about $4 a quart give or take locally for me. Buy it by the case or gallon and its less. Each of the two burners hold a quart + depending on the size. Burner sizes and cost get real high real fast.

I wouldn't want to heat a whole house with it but it sure helped.

Still working out cost factors. Took several attempts to get the height right vs the flame height. The steel and powder coating. Could use high temp engine paint but it but the powder coat is nicer. I'm open for suggestions and ideas. Thought about different shapes. The flaming guitar would be neat. Pain to cut the glass.

JD

Wow should have said something. My son just flushed a bunch of bio fuel a few minutes ago.
I would have sent in to you. :laugh:

Very cool JD. Build a website for those things, and betcha people would buy them.

Back