This vibration is killing my hands.

OK I'm new to the site and have just been lurking, reading tons of posts and discussions, but..........

here does... I agree with High-Gain Busa, we need to all be focusing on how to fix the vibration or find what the cause is. Not just find different ways to deal with it or hope sooner or later we'll just get use to it. :fight: There are tons really innovative people here that can fix all kinds of things on our bikes and come up with some incredibly cool ways of doing it.

We all pay big $$ to get a bike and should expect it to run right and not have to fix things from the moment we buy it. The Busa has been around for years and it shouldn't be having this problem or the shifting issue or any of the others that are on the "problem list" either, especially after being redesigned and upgraded in 08. :eh:

Both my wife and I are planning to move to an 09 Busa, but we're both having 2nd thoughts and I might just stay with my Blackbird a while longer. :race:
The busa will never be as smooth as your blackbird, but it'll be a HELLUVA lot faster :thumbsup: There was a guy on here who actually bought a new busa to go along with his blackbird...then sold the busa because he couldn't stand the vibes :laugh:

You guys need to check your bikes, I have an 09 and the only vibration I have is a slight buzz in the bars at about 4500 rpm, other than that she is smooth as butter and I can ride all day without issues.

You guys need to check your bikes, I have an 09 and the only vibration I have is a slight buzz in the bars at about 4500 rpm, other than that she is smooth as butter and I can ride all day without issues.
Yeah, me too. Appears at 4500rpm and goes at 5000rpm. I have several mates with gen2's and theirs are the same. This is by far the smoothest bike I have owned.

Went through this entire thread and no one has mentioned anything about tires. Improper tire inflation will cause cupping of the tire and this can be a major factor in bike vibration. If you bought the bike used then that would be the first thing you should check for.

I think if the tires is the problem I will find the vibrations at all speed and engine tr/min, and it appears only at 4500 tours on all gear.

Not necesarily on all rpm ranges. I have had this problem before a few times when buying used bikes. I am not saying that this is the problems being caused with these folks, but just something to consider for all.

Went through this entire thread and no one has mentioned anything about tires. Improper tire inflation will cause cupping of the tire and this can be a major factor in bike vibration. If you bought the bike used then that would be the first thing you should check for.

Agreed, as can incorrect chain tension. I have found the Busa is particularly sensitive to this. A loose chain will not only increase vibration considerably, but also make smooth gear changes difficult, particularly with this bike.

I have read about the engine vibration in the 4500 to 5000 rpm range on this website and in magazine articles. Try bar end weights, handlebar grips, synchronizing the throttle bodies.
However, my 2008 Busa is pretty damn/reasonably smooth at these speeds...isn't a concern for me at all.
I also own a 2005 Honda ST1300; that engine is glass smoooooth.
i agree. my 08 i don't notice any vibration.but knoe that i said it .i probably will.

I think part of it is how you have your hands on the bars. Leaning into your hands at all can make you go numb. I had that problem (not vibration) but numbing from riding when I put my hands on the bars and close my hand around them. I now ride with a open palm and just the fingers curled around the bar and it fixed the numbing! Here is a pic I took for the thread to show how it works. Notice how lightly hanging on to the bar becomes. Now when I whack it WFO, of course I grab more bar, but it is only when required and is now automatic. I don't even think about it. No wrist pain, no numbing, no buzz in the hands. Give it a try. You will have to sit up as much as possible and hold your wieght off of the bars. This is easier on the BKing. You Busa guys will, have it tough, but I know some on these boards do it. Good Luck!

IMG_0077.jpg

One thing you might want to consider though Spkrdctr...I can't see the palm of your hand from the pic, but if it's anything like the back I suspect the reduced vibration you enjoy has less to do with your grip than the 2" of hair insulating you from the bars!

I tried rubbermounting the four mounting bolts plus rubber mounting over the forks. Did not work. Heavy bar ends, throttlemiesters, and gel gloves help, but after riding the zx14, concours and a bmw k1200 gt the busa vibrates too much.

I tried rubbermounting the four mounting bolts plus rubber mounting over the forks. Did not work. Heavy bar ends, throttlemiesters, and gel gloves help, but after riding the zx14, concours and a bmw k1200 gt the busa vibrates too much.
So, you'll be trading in the Busa for one of those then?

Don't know yet. I put a set of thottlemiesters on and this is the best mod I have done to this bike. Bike has 24,440 miles. Just don't ride the above mentioned bikes no vibration at all. Bike is for sale.

If your not holding the bar as I pictured, you have no hope of NOT going numb! Give it a try. If you put ANY wieght on your wrists at all, you will have a problem. It's a sport bike problem in that the position causes you to put wieght on your wrists. You have to hold all your wieght off your wrists or your toast. Use my preferred grip, it works 100% and you don't have to buy anything. Also, the best cheap gloves I have found are Cortech HDX gloves. They are cheap and will insulate you from the bars. They go for around $40 I believe. They flat out work too! Try it and let me know how it works when your not hanging on to the bar with your whole hand.

i had my mate make me some heavy bar ends out of a solid bar of stainless steel not much biker but helped

Spkrdctr has it figured out. I have the same problem on longer rides with numbness in the right hand mostly. I talk to my doctor about this fenominon and he explained it to me this way.

There is a nerve that runs down through the heal of the hand exactly where the bar fits if you rest your weight on the wrists. It's not just the busa that has this porblem, it's most inline 4's. My GSXR1K has the same effect on my wrist.

I have learned how to get around this by the position I use on the bars plus supporting most of my upper body weight with my core muscles. I'll rest the core for short periods by leaning on the bars then it's back to the tummy and back to support my weight. Sometimes on long rides I'll move my throttle hand out to the end of the bar leaving only the thumb and forfinger to hold the throttle.

Ya'll just have to use your right wrist a little more. Twist it clockwise, untill upper body floats in the wind.:laugh:

Back