This vibration is killing my hands.

Ok... so after 5 pages there are obviousely some 08's that have the 4500 RPM buzz and some that don't. Now it would be nice to know the cause and correction rather than what band-aids help. It would be nice to swap bikes for a few minutes with someone local that doesn't have it.

I had vibration with my 05 at certain RPM's but the fix for me was to change gearing so the normal speed I road around in I was out of that rpm where the buzzing was. Plus lowering the gears gave me more grunt.
Dropped one in the front and went +1 in the rear. Problem was solved.

Start riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs and squeezing the tank with your knees. Take up your weight with your lower back and legs. After awhile, you'll do it without thinking about it. There should be no weight at all on your hands. You can still be leaning on your hands without gripping hard, causing the numbness.

I too experience the Buzzz at ~ 4500 - 5000 RPM. I called for the FJR handle bar ends but the price is now ~$80. WTF ? :puke: that's a alot of green. Not sure what to do.

Mine used to vibrate also between 4500-5000 rpm until Greg at HPC did the 30,000 mile service. I don't know what he did but the vibration went away. He really is the man.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

I had voiced this issue when back at the beginning of summer. There were few people that gave me great (keep the weight of your hands etc.) advise. Now I have a little over 6000k and I can ride for hours without my hands going numb from the vibration... although the tight spring in the throttle and on those cold rides I have the same problem as High-Gain Busa, but they are another issue altogether!

None here either. Try riding something like a 1000, 750, or 600. I've been riding all of these and can't wait to get back on the busa because of their body-numbing vibes. (Exception: 2007 CBR1000 - smooth as silk.)

Worse - the Buell. Your feet sit and bounce on the pegs there's so much vibration.

No sir- the busa rocks.

None here either. Try riding something like a 1000, 750, or 600. I've been riding all of these and can't wait to get back on the busa because of their body-numbing vibes. (Exception: 2007 CBR1000 - smooth as silk.)

Worse - the Buell. Your feet sit and bounce on the pegs there's so much vibration.

No sir- the busa rocks.

I could not agree more.

Try riding a Ducati for a while then jump back on the Busa.

It's a SPORT bike for Christ's sake, not a Goldwing!

I came from riding H-D's. They make your hands, feet, and eye brows tingle. My 08 Busa seems very smooth to me. I think some people are just more sensitive to vibes than others.

I rode for 220 miles today to see how bad the vibration is on my bike. At 4500 it was smooth and the gps show 75 mph which is my speed. At 4700 to 5000 I felt a little more vibration, if I squeeze more on the grips it got worse but when I relax it got better but not as nice as 4500. With my gloves on it seems to be worst on my hands but with my gloves off it was better. Now for me the way I ride, I would never know I had a vibration if I did not read about it. My feet felt the worst when it came to the vibration.

There is nothing you can do to eliminate those vibrations. Between 4000-5000 you will feel it; after month or so gets better. Vibration are all the way up, don't worry you will get used to it with time. One more thing, don’t get too tight gloves, that will numb your hand more.

Ok... so after 5 pages there are obviousely some 08's that have the 4500 RPM buzz and some that don't. Now it would be nice to know the cause and correction rather than what band-aids help. It would be nice to swap bikes for a few minutes with someone local that doesn't have it.

OK I'm new to the site and have just been lurking, reading tons of posts and discussions, but..........

here does... I agree with High-Gain Busa, we need to all be focusing on how to fix the vibration or find what the cause is. Not just find different ways to deal with it or hope sooner or later we'll just get use to it. :fight: There are tons really innovative people here that can fix all kinds of things on our bikes and come up with some incredibly cool ways of doing it.

We all pay big $$ to get a bike and should expect it to run right and not have to fix things from the moment we buy it. The Busa has been around for years and it shouldn't be having this problem or the shifting issue or any of the others that are on the "problem list" either, especially after being redesigned and upgraded in 08. :eh:

Both my wife and I are planning to move to an 09 Busa, but we're both having 2nd thoughts and I might just stay with my Blackbird a while longer. :race:

Last edited:
I had a slight vibration untill i took it in for the 3000 miles service (i don't know what they do ,they never tell me ???) but when i got it back it was gone put 100 miles on it today ....smooth as silk now

the Gen 2 has a vibration that the Gen 1 does not. I installed foam grips and rode mine 3800 miles without a problem. $10 or less fix.
I am now on a quest for a better fix.
The top plate and 4 bolts would have to be insulated with rubber, or the handle bars.
I have the stock bars and was thinking about machining them down a small amount and wrap the smaller end with rubber. Not sure it will work, so I have not tried it.

The other plan is to add a plastic or rubber bushing in the four bolts on the handle bar mount top plate.
The solution, I think is in rubber insulation between the top plate and all mounting areas which could transmit the bibration.
for right now the foam grips are the easiest fix for $10 and ease of installation

Back