This sucks

MrGuice

Registered
So, just replaced my rear tire, caught a tack on the way home from work. Bought a Michelin Pp3, had it less than 500 miles and caught another nail yesterday. Read about patches and what not but I'm a safety first person. Anybody that uses patches want a barely used tire with a hole dead center?

Different part of the world here, on work comp I see Japanese ads (server in Jap ? even tho im in NZ )

Wish you were closer.

My "free because it was plugged" 190/55 S20R is near replacing.
The plugged tyre before that ran a low 10 then did a 1200 mile ride.

I love free tyres (as long as I can plug them from the inside and its not near the wall)

plug that thing and ride on it...i have logged literally thousands of miles on plugged tires...never front though

I too have thousands of miles on plugged tires. I only use the "mushroom" style plugs that I bought from PASHNIT. If you don't feel at ease though, might as well replace it.

Depending on what sort of damage is done to the tire it may or may not be something that could be patched. Personally I would patch it from the inside and ride it conservatively until the new replacement arrives. A regular plug would be a last resort just to get my butt home, for me anyways. Here is an interesting article on Tire Rack about the preferred method of patching a tire. It is car related but the logic is sound IMO.

I had already replaced it, I still have it sitting in the garage if anybody wants it. I'm putting a 240 kit on so I won't need that extra tire since I have a fresh one on there already.

Back