This outa be good. Rubb will try his luck at ***Internet Dating***

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
OK,so here's my plan:
Sign up with some of those Internet dating sites. I plan to use that "grey area" between lies/BS and reality/truth.

Forinstance,when a prospective date makes contact and asks questions like, "What do you do for a living?"

I'll answer with, "I'm between postings but my last feild of endevour was Admininstrator for a large organization."
She'll ask why I moved on. INTERNET TRUTH: "I decided to pursue other avenues of interest."

Reality: I was an admin here on the Org but the owner(Captain) fired me and banned my a$$. (for good reason!)

See...easy right. She might ask where I live. INTERNET TRUTH: "I live in a nice building just north of town,with wonderfull water views."

Reality: True,I can see the water. But you also get spectacular views of grow-ops getting busted,crack dealers at work and of course the occasional arsonist. But its what you "leave out" that can make or break your chances for success right?

Now she might ask about what education I might have. INTERNET TRUTH: "Well honey I'm currently deciding on what courses to take at my local university." Cool right.

Reality: I keep looking at those advertisements in the back of comic books where you can get a "Mail-In" High school diploma,but I never seem to get around to it. Good answer right.

She may ask where I would take her on our first date. OK,easy enough. INTERNET TRUTH: "I plan to take you out for a wonderfull meal,followed by some very moving and powerfull artistic displays."

Reality: Dinner at McDonalds followed by watching some broke a$$ street performers on that corner in the rougher part of town. That guy in the dirty Elvis costume...the dude who has a full drum kit made from upside down plastic buckets and shi7. Perfect right?

I'm sure on "Date Night" she's gonna want to be transported in style right. No problem. I just happen to own a Hayabusa.Awesome right.
Now when the night in question rolls around and my broke a$$ can't afford to buy any gas...not to worry.
INTERNET TRUTH: I'll tell her "I would be honoured if you would help me complete a thesis I've been working on.A comparrison between those of higher social and economic standing and those who enjoy all the comforts and benifits of"...yup...you guessed it Public Transportation.

Now I've been told its all about the little things on a first date. Forinstance: Dont cheap out. I'll cover the meal,I'll pay the bus fare,open doors for her,wipe the puke off the bus seat...hell I'll even bring a roll of quarters for the fuggin street performers. Classy right.

Now this next one could be a little tricky. She may ask how I'm doing finacially. INTERNET TRUTH: Easy..."Self Employed." Just leave it there,leave it up to their imagination. If she presses just say things like: "I dable in the markets."

Reality: I watch the market sale flyers very closely so I can get better prices on Kraft Dinner.See...its what you leave out that makes it work.

She may ask if I'm a good cook. Response...more INTERNET TRUTH. "I'm always experimenting with new ideas and I try to think outside the box." "There are so many spices and herbs and seafoods that one can use to really dress up a meal."

Reality: I'm a wiz at taking a box of mac'n cheese (the generic brands of Kraft Dinner are way cheaper) and adding salt and pepper and ketchup too it. On a good day...mmmmm, a can of tuna. Its all good in the hood right.

Hobbies and entertainment: They all wanna know what you do in your "off time". INTERNET TRUTH: "I love to partake in the arts." "I really enjoy a good play." "I love working on fine automobiles".

Reality: I love the art of... not getting caught. I really enjoy a good play...Like when Russell Wilson throws a deep pass to a wide out for the touchdown in a Seahawks game. Fine automobiles...O ya. If I can afford it I take my Acura to the car wash once a month.

She might ask you to describe some of your good qualities.

INTERNET TRUTH:

1. I'm outgoing and "Happy-Go-Lucky"
2. I really love being around people.
3. I'm so hopefull for a better happier planet.
4. I really care about the enviroment.
5. I'd like to find that someone special and treat her like a Queen.

Reality:

1. I'd rather stay home and get drunk and I'm a miserible bastid.
2. I can't fuggin' stand most people.
3. WE ARE ALL FUGGIN' DOOMED.
4. I ride my glutanous Busa around everywhere,with no actual destination in mind.I dont recycle.
5. I'd like to find a hot lookin deaf/mute with tons of cash to spend on me.

What do you folks think? I think I can hit this internet dating thing "Right Outa the Park."

RSD.

You're missing one thing Rub...that most important first impression!! Where's the profile pic?!

Don't make me go dig it up! :rulez:

A prediction of your results

dating.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you bring this up. About 2 years or so ago my niece said her dad was getting re-married. This would be #4 I think. I said.....Really to whom? Some Philipino mail order bride. Her words...not mine. I said...How did your dad meet her? She said....Through the internet.

Now a bit about my brother. He on the surface is the most charming good looking guy you'd ever want to meet. Women have always thrown themselves at him as far back as I can remember. He crapped on every one of them. In reality he is pretty much a loser. No money, no assets, nothing substantial in his life. His whole family has distanced themselves from him.

He I'm sure wasn't go to tell any of us because we wouldn't really care one way or the other. So things must be really bad if he can't charm some actual domestic woman.....lol.

But my niece was bugged because he was asking her to come meet his new soon to be wife, and she said she didn't want to and couldn't get time off work to go all the way back to meet her. So he wanted to come out to her with his new bride. She was capitol Pissed at him. 3 months later it has all blown over. I asked her how did she work it out. I didn't. Apparently the bride thought he had money, discovered he didn't and it was adios (or whatever they use for bye) back to the Philippines. Now we to this day wonder. Did she think he had money because he said or implied he did? Or did she come looking for money and not find it so she moved on quickly. We will never know.

According to my brother's Linked In Profile, he has a masters degree in Finance and has sold mutli millions of dollars in real estate. To our knowledge he has done neither. At last check he was leasing a house and on Parole......lol.

Probably a lot harder to do backgrounds checks from the Philippines.

You're missing one thing Rub...that most important first impression!! Where's the profile pic?!

Don't make me go dig it up! :rulez:

All I would get with that pic would be a bunch of cross dressers and....yuk. Nevermind.

Rubb.

Definitely brush up on your photoshop skills... :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would have gotten more laughs. I worked hard on that post. :banghead:

Tuff crowd. :moon:

Rubb.

i too found it amusing sad thing rub brother i could see you taking a stab at it...

Rubah!!! You are going South dude!!! Ditch those leathers, wear Draggin Jeans with Doc Martin's boots and remove the hump on your Busa. I can pick up chicks like that all day long, only problem is I'm married so there is this leash in my way. Lucky you!!! :laugh:

Back