This needs to happen more in this country, take a stand!

Bet he didn't know it was illegal, I sure didn't :laugh: We are from Cuba an the only flag allowed to fly on this here property is the American Flag....

hahahaha... "What do you think of that?" :rofl:

Nice to see somebody take a stand! I'd have cut it down too...
:beerchug:

Satisfying vignette, everybody loves us.:laugh:

zapata.jpg

Outstanding.
With a knife like that in his hand I dont think they were even gonna open the mouths..:laugh:

It is an unfortunate product of people in this country who dont know the law or follow the traditions. Without knowing the full story I would bet that had the owner/person who put up the flags known the American flag should go on top they would have done so but again just guessing they didnt so they put both up like that. 'Their' flag went on top again probably without them knowing how much it would piss off others.

Good for him...

"Hi guys..what do you think of that..?"

"Holy Chit mang...gringo had big knife"...:rofl:

it would be more "heroic" it the store owner had actually known what he had done wrong....or had done it on purpose.

you see buy the look on thier faces and thier response. they had no clue what they had done, were not trying to insult anyone.

if the "crazy guy with a knife" had actually spoken to them like and explained the insult, they probably would have corrected the problem.

once again we are looking at mexican that are living the American dream, by owning business and supporting the economy....and treating them like criminals.

I bet the owner of that business pays more in tax's that crazy man with a knife...

Perhaps afterhours is correct, or perhaps afterhours is assuming a lot and giving benefit of doubt that is undeserved.

If you are in this country know the laws, traditions, and customs.

I'm not so quick to give him the benefit of doubt, because everyone will know the top position on the flag standard is in a position of superiorority (sp?). If not done intentionally it likely was done subconsciously.

I believe the owner knew better on some level, and this time he got called on it!

Last edited:
I gotta agree, think they did it on purpose, or they are crazy stupid. If I owned a business in Mexico I would probably fly the Mexico flag only!!

the racism runs pretty deep in these parts.....

you have an American Citizen, that tells you he did not know what he did was wrong. But nobody will believe him because he is mexican.

you have a crazy guy walk up with a knife and destroy another mans property, without so much as asking the guy if he knew what he was doing was wrong....and he is hero?

oh i forgot he was white.....

To the simple mind, the flag is a symbol of this country....but a truly intelligent man knows that the flag is a piece of cloth. the real strength of this country is not a piece of cloth. It is the universally understood belief that all men are created equal, and that we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....

it is these beliefs that were written 200+ years ago, it is these beliefs that built this country...these beliefs live inside each of us, they inspire and guide us. Soldiers on the battle field do not sacrifice themselves for a piece of cloth, they fight, sacrifice so that others may enjoy the freedoms we are all born with.

if you do not understand these things, i am sorry for you.....you can fight over pieces of cloth.

wow how this went racial quick! because he's white! really its not about color, would it have been better if a black man or a yellow or a green man did that no it was still done. the issue isnt over a piece of cloth as you stated its what it stands for, the men and women that have died so you and everyone else can live the way we are now in America... Take in to consideration that maybe that man has given the biggest sacrafice he could give for this country maybe his son or daughter died in battle, even if you dont agree in the war being fought(which ever one) a life is still a life. Also you might want to watch the video again he did not destroy any property he cut it down, and left it on the floor..And yes I would have cut down the piece of cloth as you stated if I was there just so you know!

Last edited:

you have an American Citizen, that tells you he did not know what he did was wrong. But nobody will believe him because he is mexican.

you have a crazy guy walk up with a knife and destroy another mans property, without so much as asking the guy if he knew what he was doing was wrong....and he is hero?

To the simple mind, the flag is a symbol of this country....but a truly intelligent man knows that the flag is a piece of cloth. the real strength of this country is not a piece of cloth. It is the universally understood belief that all men are created equal, and that we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....

it is these beliefs that were written 200+ years ago, it is these beliefs that built this country...these beliefs live inside each of us, they inspire and guide us. Soldiers on the battle field do not sacrifice themselves for a piece of cloth, they fight, sacrifice so that others may enjoy the freedoms we are all born with.

if you do not understand these things, i am sorry for you.....you can fight over pieces of cloth.

I don't think it was about race I think he would have cut down any foreign flag placed above the U.S. flag. It may be a piece of cloth but it is the symbol of our nation and should be shown the respect it deserves.

You think the American flag is just a piece of cloth?
You should ask a moderator to delete your post, no way you really mean that.

That is the great thing about this country--everyone has their opinion and gets to voice it. Not everyone has the common sense to refer to our flag as something MORE than a piece of cloth though! :cussing:

FWIW, soldiers on the battlefield have sacrificed themselves for this "piece of cloth." :usa:

Last edited:
The end result I believe was right . No matter what no flag should be flown higher or above the American flag. Even where there are two flag poles the American flag should be higher than the other one .
Can we not all agree though that maybe it could have gone nicer if he had gone in and politely explained this to the owner or whoever did that ?
If then he got a cold response or was told 'i don't care' well then out comes the KaBar baby and he and I can start cuttin' !

t
can we not all agree though that maybe it could have gone nicer if he had gone in and politely explained this to the owner or whoever did that ?
If then he got a cold response or was told 'i don't care' well then out comes the kabar baby and he and i can start cuttin' !

+100000

Back