this member is gone.

Yeah, but Thinker, I got the jists of his posts. Don't you agree he was out of line. The good people here lurk a while then post tentively. This is all before they start getting out of line. He was right out of the gate just plain wrong. I agree with the banning. He stepped up quick and they reacted as they needed to. It's like someone pointing a gun at you. It's instinct. I believe they did what was right and it is their board after all. The core people could get a little lee-way, but the haters gotta go.

okay, since I have not posted since last night, and there are many questions unanswered let me clear up what I did.

Several members saw what this guy was saying. Refer to the other threads he started and you will see that I tried to reason with him on more than one occasion. Each of those attempts were only fuel for his fire. He came back cussing, bashing, and hating. Then he started threads with threagtening topics. That was enough. At that point I edited his terrible posts and his assanine topics.

I do NOT have the power or athority to ban a member. I DO have the power and athority to edit posts as neccessary. That was Captain's choice. The fact I have been given that athority doesn't mean I can go off and do what I want. I acted because someone had to. I was leaving my office when I did one more check of the board before I went home. That is when I saw his first couple questionable posts. I responded. You can see how I responded. You can also see what the other members thought of what he did and what I did.
IMAGINE what would have happened if I was not here and I did nothing to intervene. Just imagine. Can you say UGLY?

To finish in response to Thinker62: I again do not have the authority to ban anybody. Therefore I did not ban him. Was he banned? I still don't know. I do know he went away after I edited his posts. As far as I know, that is the extent of it.

Okay? Anybody uncomfortable with what I did?

Everyone had a friendly return to this guy. Nobody said don't, and everyone said not a good way to start. The rebuts were more like you are all azzzz's and this is why I did this,to prove a point. MMMMMMMMMM?? I don't think any off us like to see someone banned and banned so quick, but in this case it was almost no choice.

Don't worry. I don't have any love loss for this guy. I don't have any problem with banning this guy. I was one of the first that checked him and tried to steer him in the right direction. I didn't think that he would come around, but wanted to give him the opportunity. A couple of us tried to reason with him, but I didn't see his response. I think that he must have posted more after I shut down. I, for one, would like to see what he said. Send it to me if you don't mind.

I hope that no one took any offense. All I saw this morning was that he had been banned. I am sure it was deserved.

I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up elsewhere telling his story. Not that I care, but its nice to know that we gave him a fair shot.

Last time I say this.

I DID NOT BAN THAT MEMBER

I asked him twice niceley to tone it down a bit, then I tried to have a nice normal conversation. Then he started in.
I emailed him one warning. At no time did I ban him.

Yes you are correct. JUST GONE Thanks for the clarification
biggrin.gif

Is it possible to get REMOVED from Labusa's?

I would like to add - sometimes people are just coming from a different point of view and they DON'T FIT IN. Maybe they have limited social skills and really don’t know how to introduce them selves? Just take a look at the member list and see how many people never post EVER! Remember concrete guy? I think he posted about two times and GONE.

I have been in a similar situation on another board so at least I know what’s it's like being the bad guy. As they say, we all have the evil worm in the apple. People tend to join the mob hanging. I think it's a pack mentality. No, I don't miss him cause I could tell right away, trouble is on the way, oh well what can I say.

Back to Labusa's, as much as the site sucks - they do allow total freedom of speech, you got something to say, go for it!

Unfortunately, we will probably see a mini flood of these guys After they see this movie.

Should be fun.

Unfortunately, we will probably see a mini flood of these guys After they see this movie.

Should be fun.
I hope not. I don't like getting yelled at for protecting our board from raging lunatics.  
crazy.gif
Who yelled at you...surely not me? I just asked what happened and gave my .02 about the ugly side of sesorship without due process. I just said that I hoped that Captain got involved and conferred with the other "Powers" before someone was banned. That's not yelling at anyone. Hell, I don't even know who the "Powers" are.

And others kept using the term banned because in the topic title, it used to say that he was banned. It didn't say by whom, it just said that he was banned. that has now been changed.

So if it sounded like I was yelling I apologize and offer up my own quote: I hope that no one took any offense. All I saw this morning was that he had been banned. I am sure it was deserved.
[/QUOTE]

thinker

idea.gif
Cache, you did the right thing. His postings were confrontational from the start, and you gave him fair warning.

Freedom of speach is one thing, but this board has rules. Rules that need to be respected and enforced. By the power vested in you, you enforced the rules. Good Job.
beerchug.gif

My hat is off to all of you guys.... looks like I missed this guy with his poor taste in posts, missed giving my two cents to him. Thanks for standing up for all the ladys in here. We have some beautiful women on this board and we don't need some one like this to keep them away. You know my wife Sue does not post in here but she does look in from time to time. Yep she knows I post her pictures in here and has no problem with it because this place is full of class act people. I love the idea of women riders and think there should be more. I guess I like to show that a woman can be good looking and a real lady and still ride a sport bike (such as my wife). Once more my hat is off to all you guys... This is the reason I hang in here, this is the reason we will be lucky enough to have real lady riders in here, they know they will be respected.

Is it possible to get REMOVED from Labusa's?

I would like to add - sometimes people are just coming from a different point of view and they DON'T FIT IN. Maybe they have limited social skills and really don’t know how to introduce them selves?  Just take a look at the member list and see how many people never post EVER! Remember concrete guy? I think he posted about two times and GONE.

I have been in a similar situation on another board so at least I know what’s it's like being the bad guy. As they say, we all have the evil worm in the apple. People tend to join the mob hanging. I think it's a pack mentality. No, I don't miss him cause I could tell right away, trouble is on the way, oh well what can I say.

Back to Labusa's, as much as the site sucks - they do allow total freedom of speech, you got something to say, go for it!
Yeah, it's like yin and yang, we good here, they bad there. You get banned from that site by posting nice and decent things.
laugh.gif

director.gif
HEY I JUST THOUGHT OF THE PERFECT SOLUTION...AFTER YOUR WARNING CACHE WE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING THIS PERSON TO SPEED ANY LONGER...I THINK WHAT HAS BEEN DONE AND SAID IS SUFFICIENT...IF THIS PERSON CONTINUES TO POST AND REMAINS OFFENSIVE WE SHOULD SIMPLY LET "PRETTY POSTAL" TAKE CARE OF HIM!!!!!!!!

I think it was all handled correctly. i wanted to know if the guy had a chance to clean up his act...YES HE DID. I also wanted to know whether the guy received any "official" and private warning...YES HE DID. So out he goes. pure and simple.

However, a few people(friends like Havoc and Howlin Mad, oh can't forget BadZX11) put me in my place about generalizing when it comes to people on other sites. That guy may have been a member from some other site, but he never said that. Also, I checked a couple of sites and could not find anyone with that name. Lets let each guy speak for themselves. If a jerk logs in,

1. we try to reason with him
2. he gets an "official" warning
3. Then he should be gone

Sounds like a plan to me.

director.gif
HEY I JUST THOUGHT OF THE PERFECT SOLUTION...AFTER YOUR WARNING CACHE WE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING THIS PERSON TO SPEED ANY LONGER...I THINK WHAT HAS BEEN DONE AND SAID IS SUFFICIENT...IF THIS PERSON CONTINUES TO POST AND REMAINS OFFENSIVE WE SHOULD SIMPLY LET "PRETTY POSTAL" TAKE CARE OF HIM!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I'm not in that line of work...... Make peace! Not war!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

I happened to be online when the member in question was posting. Cache handled the situation with the utmost respect for personal views and opinions! He gave fair warning on more than one occasion. Cache was polite but to the point. This individual behaved in a manor unbecoming of a Hayabusa.org board member and without regard to general internet courtesy. Thanks Cache for taking the appropriate action in dealing with this member.

Back