This is your typical Xena rotor lock....

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
This is your typical Xena rotor lock..........

DSC00116__Small_.JPG

This is your typical Xena rotor lock AFTER a Hayabusa encounter.........

DSC00118__Small_.JPG

and here's the carnage left behind by a Xena rotor lock AFTER an encounter with a Hayabusa..........

DSC00120__Small_.JPG

ALWAYS "try" and remember to remove it before take off.............

I need a pair of rotors and 2 sets of pads...............I've never been one to replace just one side......not if I'm expecting suitable results at triple digit speeds.........

Flame at will...........

Spudley,
This is exactly the kind of damage that the RoadLoK is designed to prevent - what kind of pads are you running? I may have a set of stocker fronts with some meat left, just to get you by in the short term, I will go out and look. Sorry about the damage, but things happen - no damage to the tube or the fender right?

Mornin' Shawn,

Nope, rode fine all the way home. I massaged the rotor with brake-lever pressure, while pushing the girl around the parking lot by foot, just to rub the burrs down a bit. I checked for any signs of bending in the rotor, and got no pulse or ill effects from the front brakes, BUT that doesn't mean things haven't been affected. One small ding on the caliper, and drag marks from getting the Xena off, amazing. Once the pin gets bent, there's only one way to get the darn things off.

I'm currently running searches for the fastest, most economical replacement of the rotors and pads. GoFaster (John) has a Pit Bull front lift, so th R&R should go skippy-doodle as soon as I have parts. Just hurts as I was saving for a throttle-miester, and then a full wavy brake redo......bummer.

Have a great day !!!!!..........should be an interesting ride to work tonight.
super.gif

Just a thought can you put these disc locks on the back rotor? I'd be tempted to have a teather attached that loops around the handle bar as a reminder!

Well Xena's make a shrilling noise when movement is detected..............I didn't hear anything except..........."THUNK".......

I know were you can get a good set of rotors. RoadLok would have prevented this whole miss hap.

I've got several used Busa rotors here that we offer for sale at $75.00 each. A RoadLoK for your Busa will prevent future issues like this too! Let me know if we can help you.

Chief

I feel it is my duty to reply to this as i have experinece with both products, firstly i had a Roadlok, as far as i am concerned it is an overpriced disclock, I installed it on my Busa, within a week my Busa was gone forever! just lifted onto a truck and gone.

So last year i got a new Busa, and while on vacation i found a Xena lock it is an XX lock, Damn it is loud. So when i got home i put it on my Bike and then it made a defening beep, (stand back). if you move the hadlebars or try and move it the alarm goes off, damn it's loud. Even if i forget it is there, as soon as i try and take the bike off the stand it goes off. My lock dose not look like the one you show.

Anyway the xena has already saved my bike, we were at The South Pine motel, at sturgis, and some ****ers tried to lift my bike but as soon as they tried it the alarm went off they ran off before i got out there. Worth the $100. i paid for the lock..BTW i got it in France have not seen my model in the US.. Roadlok waste of money!! it is an overpriced disc lock.... Sorry Roadlok!!

Last edited:
All you people telling RoakLok would have prevented it, im not saying it wouldn't, but some people don't have all that cash to dish out while a disc lock comes "quiet" cheap and pretty much does the same thing, deter from theft.

I've been thinking about getting one of these little noise making locks simply cause the bike alarm are expensive and also I know quite a few people who had electrical problems after install with many different kinda problems. I always put the dam wire to make sure I don't take with the dam thing on.

My Xena did not come with a lanyard, I tried using one from another disc lock once and I could not get it to lock. I guess the high pitched siren is supposed to be your warning if you forget to remove it. However one night I forgot it on the front rotor, and although it did go off I did not hear it because I was at the local dragstrip and the loud engines drowned it out! Bye bye front fender. Luckily I was backing the bike up so the only damage was the fender. I now (after taking some advise) only use it on the rear!:beerchug:

RoadLok would have prevented this whole miss hap.

May be... but some responsibility has to go to the user.
Sorry spudley (you know I am right).
I use the Xena (2 of them) and it is LOUD.
You must have had dead batteries in yours if you didn't hear it.
Just touch the bars and it goes off.
The Road Lok and Xena both work to stop the wheel.
I figure the siren in the Xena is to warn the rider to take it off....:whistle:

Back