This is why I made the changes... Ridiculous people...

Essentially what they are complaining about is that these sites or companies are saying "If you want to use our services then you have to allow these things" This is no different that someone coming here and me offering a choice to click in a check box that you accept the conditions of the site, we use cookies, we track IP's and we do the best we can to not store data any longer than necessary. Because the user doesn't have an alternate option to choose from that has no cookies or IP's or tracking it is forced consent.

I almost see this like someone going to a restaurant and looking a the menu and asking if they have Gluten free toast, no sir we do not... Then suing because they did not have that on the menu as an offer. The customer could have gotten up and walked out, ordered something else but they are demanding things be done their way...

I choose to just turn them off and be done with it.

The GDPR requires companies to only process personal data on a specific legal basis, and many companies have chosen consent as their option.
However, in some cases they don't let people use their services at all unless they consent to having their data exploited in ways that are not strictly necessary for delivering the core service. This all-or-nothing approach undermines the concept of consent, according to the new law.
And La Quad is not just stopping at these seven complaints. It has been gathering support for a total of 12, with those not lodged on Monday including complaints about Android, WhatsApp, Instagram, Skype and Outlook.

Back