this is why i love forums, made a custom grille for my truck tonight!!

hemi

Registered
07 hemi ram 4x4 quadcab, found a few threads on my dodge forums where guys were making mesh grills out of gutter guard. Thought it looked pretty good so i gave it a shot. Still a bit unsure if i like it or not. Removed the stock grille inserts without breaking anything so i can reinstall them easily if i decide to go back to stock. What do u guys think, was just about to order a $200 billet grille and this cost me $10 and about 2 hours

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

not really sure what I think. can you put the stock back on and put that behind it? that might look better. looks like a good job though.:thumbsup:

execution looks nice but imo it looks like what it is ya know. If I saw the truck in a parking lot I would easily think its gutter guard put in there. Not sure if thats a bad thing or not

It looks okay....

For a Dodge...

:rofl:

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

no crackin on the hemi lol. Thanks for the honest comments, i'm not really sure that i like it to be honest. When i first started messin with it i did put the inserts behind the stock grille and it looked pretty slick, might try that

The pic is kinda far back but it looks like there is a big gap between the middle solid horizontal chrome piece and the mesh, which doesn't seem to look right. Hard to see the finish on that aluminum too it isn't polished or chrome, not really sure something about it just seems off to me jmo

yeah i know the garage is a bit small for my truck, it's a pain in the arse fittin my truck, the wife's suv, and the busa all in there. Changed my grille setup already and i think i like this a lot more

010.JPG

011.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Oh yeah, that is sweet! I would leave it like that with the inserts installed. :thumbsup:

I might have to see if I can do that to my Tundra........how did you affix the mesh?

I looks pretty good. I think it would look better with the screen and the inserts together.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, that is sweet! I would leave it like that with the inserts installed. :thumbsup:

I might have to see if I can do that to my Tundra........how did you affix the mesh?

used the old cheezball method and ty-wrapped it to a few of the horizontal grille rails. Pretty secure and shouldn't go anywhere. I really like it now, completely changes the looks of the front end, and only cost me $10

Back