This is What I'm Talkin About!

SpeedGeek

Never Forgotten
This was on the only "real" left-hander at PIR.  I seem to feel much more comfortable on left corners for some reason.  I should talk tem in to running the track the opposite direction next time
biggrin.gif

Your bike looks completely stock...the track didn't make you tape your lights and remove the mirrors...?

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 07 2006,13:51) Your bike looks completely stock...the track didn't make you tape your lights and remove the mirrors...?
20 minute session called "Taste of Racing". They hold it during the lunch break of the local races. Spectators can sign up and ride the course: $20 for 20 min. Best bang for your buck! No need to tape lights, mirrors etc. It is "ride whatcha brung".

I'll do a real track day next year. I can't wait! It is SO addicting!!!!

I have found that most riders are more comfortable with left turns and that the fact the throttle is on your right is the reason.

When you shift to the right, you're bending your right arm more and thus making is more difficult to carefully control the throttle. Unconsiously, this makes you more careful about putting a lot of muscle in your arms because of the fear of grabbing a handful of WOT at the apex.

Once you're experienced enough to start a real hang-off, the angle of the clip-ons won't make you uncomfortable in right handers anymore.

And nice pic
smile.gif

(Haelo @ Oct. 07 2006,21:34) I have found that most riders are more comfortable with left turns and that the fact the throttle is on your right is the reason.

When you shift to the right, you're bending your right arm more and thus making is more difficult to carefully control the throttle. Unconsiously, this makes you more careful about putting a lot of muscle in your arms because of the fear of grabbing a handful of WOT at the apex.

Once you're experienced enough to start a real hang-off, the angle of the clip-ons won't make you uncomfortable in right handers anymore.

And nice pic
smile.gif
Great points.

Another theory for me is line of site on the street. Most left handers we can see through and the rights are sometimes blind so to speak.

I have also thought that the fear of a low side into on comming traffic is a fear on the street.

Great shot on the track BTW.

bowdown.gif

Nothing quite like track!! Glad you're part of the addiction.

WARNING: It gets expensive really quick. And I'm not talking just the trackday fees. Parts for yer Busa will wear out MUCH FASTER than street riding. Especially tires. But's it's very much worth every penny to me.

Back