This is what happens when the STT staff go out for a 'friendly' go-cart night...

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Charlie's fellow STT staff members have a session a the go-cart track at NOLA...someone forgot to tell them it's not a RACE :rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
None of us were there Skeche...but all our staff buddies :)

Nola has a go cart track SEPARATE from the racetrack...they also have a flat pad for autocross...

I raced carts for 4 years from 12-16 years old. OMG was that fun. I hadn't had sex yet but I can look back on it and say that it was as much as you can have with your pants on. I only weighed about 110 lbs at that age. Those carts could lay rubber for about a half a block, both wheels. In those days shifter carts and 250cc was the max I could run in my age. You felt like you were doing about 300 MPH. They did about 80. But they got there in about 3 seconds. My dad and I had some GREAT bonding years back then. We could rebuild an engine in the back of the truck in about 30 minutes. He'd get done with it and tell me "Now go burn this one up again!!! They didn't have those pansy bumpers and bump stoppers. We had roll bars and open wheels. Fuel tank between your knees filled with Methanol, and a weight bolted to the bottom plate so I could make weight minimums.

At 16 they asked me to move up to Enduro carts. 2 engines, one on either side and you race in a recumbent position, with an engine over each of your shoulder. Felt like you were doing 800 MPH in those. They were good for about 120MPH and made for long tracks, I liked cart short track racing better and at 16 my dad moved me in to SCCA in a Triumph TR-6. Way more complex. Not near as much fun.

Now they run Hayabusa engines in these. OMG don't tempt me to get back into this. I nearly got back into about a year ago. Guy was low on cash, and had a sweetly set up track ready shifter cart. $2300. I'd need a chiropractor.

I should have never opened this thread and watched this.

Resist. Resist. Resist. Must resist.

Back