This is Truly America

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I was so moved by these amazing people....the phrase "work ethic" comes to mind. Doyle

Attachments

• OldAmerica (1).pps
    2.7 MB · Views: 136
Nice find.

It's a wonder the human race survived this long by the looks of those beauty queens toward the end. :laugh:

That was really times when folks appreciate the air they brethed and the potato sack clothes they wore. I'm betting the rats that was caught on the sting trapes were no just to get rid of but was maybe a meal. Here we are with a shinny Busa's... I truely appreciate being raised poor and wold take nothing for it and the opportunity to have experianced 5 kids in a small house with mom and dad and the four gardens we raised every year and the many many fish/rabbits/squirrel/snappen turtle/ground houg that I put on the table. If I had of joined the ARMY and not the AF I could have been a good sniper! LOL :beerchug:

Very interesting slide show. I had heard about people using the potatoe sacks or clothing back during the depression, but never seen one. Wow! We really don't know how good we have it now.

I grew up in TN and used to see in rural parts really old stores owned by folks like that.
Now there is a mall there.

Folks and things like that don't exist anymore anywhere I know of.
Hard work doesn't even describe it .
We have them to thank for building this country .
The ironworkers, railroaders, highliners who made bridges.

All that Americana I have always loved.
Thanks for the slideshow

Back