This is silly for the guys, I know, but I'm proud!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
You guys have NO IDEA how scared I am of putting my car on ramps, and I'd never tried backing her up on to 'em before. I tried it once years ago and let's just say that was it for me...had to have the ex-husband jack her up to get 'em back out :rofl:

Yesterday I needed to replace a hanger for my exhaust and there was no other way to do it, so I gave it a shot...took 4 tries. If I overshot this, I have no jack, no way to get the car back up (since the ex took it all) and I would have cried :banghead:

I am just stupid proud of myself LOL...it's the little things for me lately...one tiny accomplishment after another. I fixed the hanging exhaust (you can see the driver's side had fallen a bit)...

Just me, bragging :cheerleader: I was so excited I took photos and sent 'em to Omar :laugh:

Tess.jpg

Tess2.jpg

Last edited:
I also worked on the Busa...Omar bought me one of these so I could clean the chain and get the back wheel cleaned up. I cannot get Caesar on the Pitbull rear stand to save my life...

Let's just say the chain was a mess...I'm still not done...

98800.gif

Way to go Chelle, put your front tire in the roller and put the back on the stand, then you will have something! :laugh:

Good Job VaBs! Ramps on gravel can be a challenging experience.

Good Job VaBs! Ramps on gravel can be a challenging experience.

Oh sure, NOW you tell me!

I do know it's silly, but I have mental blocks about 3 or 4 things since my divorce...one is getting Tess on those ramps, another is taking Caesar up and down the ramps of my shop (haven't done it in years...not since dropping him going up AND coming back down LOL)...hrmmm, don't know what the other ones were... :whistle:

I had to put the suburban up on ramps, wasnt a fan of it and still not LOL I couldnt imagine backing a car up on ramps unless I had some help :thumbsup:

Oh sure, NOW you tell me!

I do know it's silly, but I have mental blocks about 3 or 4 things since my divorce...one is getting Tess on those ramps, another is taking Caesar up and down the ramps of my shop (haven't done it in years...not since dropping him going up AND coming back down LOL)...hrmmm, don't know what the other ones were... :whistle:

Obiviously one of those metal blocks is NOT getting married again! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Good job Michelle. sometimes you just have to say the heck with it and just do it.

...oh I said just that. First, I did my usual "put one tire up on a half cinder-block" thing. This works for oil changes :laugh: I laid under Tess for about 15 minutes, contemplating just how I'd fix the exhaust with so little clearance. Then I knew I just had to get her up on the ramps, and backed up no less :please:

Kicker was that I didn't have the kids, but their Dad was bringing 'em over any minute. LAST THING I wanted was for the ex to show up with our sons and I've got ramps stuck under my Mustang :laugh: I was stressing!! And the rear tires are so wide, I can't see past 'em to actually SEE the damn ramp...5-speed transmission, gotta leave it in first, emergency brake, check...nerves...got her all most all the way up and got out, looked and realized it wasn't enough, is the ex here yet? Got back in and managed to release the emergency brake a bit while giving her gas to get her backed up even more...stress...ughhh... :laugh: You guys honestly have no idea how happy I was doing that :laugh:

I AM SOMEBODY! (referencing The Jerk there) :laugh:

I am diggin those bullet wheels, what size tires are you running on there?

I think you did pretty well considering it was on gravel, I have been known to find a lonely section of a closed parking lot to work in while living on gravel driveways. :whistle:

:thumbsup: go you!

Back