This is how large corporate bankruptcies work

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
In 2006, Collins & Aikman, one of GM's largest suppliers, filed Ch 11 Bankruptcy, one of the largest at the time.

They owed us $19,000. Unsecured. Filed Claim.

Then, they tried to claim another $20,000 in preference payments (in other words, wanted us to give them BACK $20K of money I collected on them in the 120 days prior to the filing ON TOP of our $19K loss). I successfully fought that claim with the help of an attorney and the defenses I had (which I paid approx $1K for the work).

TODAY, FIVE YEARS LATER. I received our one and only and FINAL distribution check in the sum of ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SIX DOLLARS and FIFTY EIGHT cents....

The only satisfaction I get is that we are still in business and they aren't. But surely there is SOMEONE on this planet I could give a swift kick in the groin for it...:banghead: So, where ever you are, here's a huge :moon: to you!

Bummer, I'm guessing someone ended up with more than you did.... sounds like they botched the chapter 11 bankruptcy protection process and went all in... you got your piece of the "divided spoils" after the lawyers and other creditors got theirs.

Back