This is gonna be biased..but here goes...

I know this is a busa board, but I have come to respect alot of you and your honest opinions.. especially Dino:laugh:

Anyways, I am debating for next season.. on which bike to upgrade my 02 busa on..

1.) New 2009 White/Silver Busa... I love this bike and drool everytime I see a pic of one... It seems like the perfect answer..until my mind was molested with:

2.) New 2009 R1.. the sound.. it makes me wanna cry with joy. Go to youtube and listen to akrapovic full system on one of these.. omg...

I have been riding with mostly twisty riders and I am starting to feel the weight of the busa.. but you say the new one handles better.. so...

I know we all love our busas..but the question is... if you could have either one for free.. which would it be?

:cheerleader:cant wait..

just find the bike that makes you happy, and dont be like me....i have 4 bikes in my garage and am looking at getting another.

it is kinda sad really. i dont think any company has built a do-it-all bike yet to fit MY needs.

when it comes down to it, i am just to damn picky:laugh:

bench

quote the truth. the 2008/2009 cbr 1000 is a awesome bike. sorry guys, but suzuki has not yet made a litre bike that can compete with the new hondar.

bench

Any liter bike out there is a bad A$$ bike~!~ But since early 80's, I've had Suzy DNA as far as street bikes go. Would I take a CBR or an R1~?~ Heck yeah, if the price was right~!~

Still get drawn right back into the realm of Suzuki though, like I see the light~!~ :laugh:

JUst buy the Busa bro...you wont regret it no matter WHAT or HOW you ride:thumbsup:

Any liter bike out there is a bad A$$ bike~!~ But since early 80's, I've had Suzy DNA as far as street bikes go. Would I take a CBR or an R1~?~ Heck yeah, if the price was right~!~

Still get drawn right back into the realm of Suzuki though, like I see the light~!~ :laugh:

i have always liked honda way more than suzuki because i have short legs and a long torso, for this reason the suzuki has always been very top heavy for me(except the busa). the honda just feels like they were built for me.

i got a new cbr1000, and a 01 929rr. and thae 929rr is still my favorite bike of all time. My friend wrecked it but i had a 2004 zx10 that i wouldnt trade for anything either.

i ride a lot of bikes due to a family member owning a dealership, so its not that i am biased. i just know what fits me:laugh:

bench

i have always liked honda way more than suzuki because i have short legs and a long torso, for this reason the suzuki has always been very top heavy for me(except the busa). the honda just feels like they were built for me.

i got a new cbr1000, and a 01 929rr. and thae 929rr is still my favorite bike of all time. My friend wrecked it but i had a 2004 zx10 that i wouldnt trade for anything either.

i ride a lot of bikes due to a family member owning a dealership, so its not that i am biased. i just know what fits me:laugh:

bench

I really like the CBR1000, nice bike. The 929 was a great bike in certain aspects. Great wheelie bike~!~ Nice race bike~!~ But when it got mad at you, it really got mad at you.

I like to ride the rear like it's on ice sometimes. The 929 doesn't like that a whole lot. I'd take a CBR1000 any day though. Still gotta say it would be hard to break the ol Suzy roots though.

Back when and where...Honda had better handling bikes, especially off road. Suzuki had the power, but really touchy handling sometimes. That's a whole nother story~!~

Technology changes every day. Bikes are like computers...maybe not outdated quite so quickly, but in two years something else is going to be better~!~

I play Suzuki kinda like the stock market, if they go down...they'll rise again~!~ LoL

Having owned an 06 R6 and an 05 Busa, a Daytona,a TL 1000,a 08 CBR 1000, and riden many others, my opinion would be to go for a 05 and newer R6. It is a great bike for the riding you described. Sure it does not have the power of a liter bike but in the twisties you don't need 160-170 hp. This bike will make you feel like Wayne Rainey, oh no showing my age !, these bikes are better than 95% of the people that throw their leg over it.
What you will get is an engine that makes you want to wring the #%@& out of it. It sounds so damn good with even just a slip on. Steering is quick and calm, brakes are great, and with your 5'8 frame you will fit on it great. Another up side is depending on your finances you could own both your Busa and an R6. They are fairley cheap and up keep is ludicrisley simple. These bikes are just plain rock solid. Mine was never down for repairs, even after some mild stunting by a newbie.."me" , drag racing it here and there, and railing it through twisties in W. Virginia, Ohio, and N. Carolina.
Don't fall into the squid trap of having to have the newest and greatest GSXFZCBZXR bikes. The new bike smell and thrill wears off alot sooner than the payments go away.

For what it's worth

I really like the CBR1000, nice bike. The 929 was a great bike in certain aspects. Great wheelie bike~!~ Nice race bike~!~ But when it got mad at you, it really got mad at you.

I like to ride the rear like it's on ice sometimes. The 929 doesn't like that a whole lot. I'd take a CBR1000 any day though. Still gotta say it would be hard to break the ol Suzy roots though.

Back when and where...Honda had better handling bikes, especially off road. Suzuki had the power, but really touchy handling sometimes. That's a whole nother story~!~

Technology changes every day. Bikes are like computers...maybe not outdated quite so quickly, but in two years something else is going to be better~!~

I play Suzuki kinda like the stock market, if they go down...they'll rise again~!~ LoL

a lot of truth in that statement. this is why me, and me only get to ride my 929:laugh:

everybody thinks my busa or zx-14 are the dangerous ones....nuh-uh. you havent lived till you try to control the non dampened front end of a 929:laugh:

bench

Get a gsxr 1k to go with the busa like this........

P1010018.jpg

Was never a suzuki guy, but they fit better then the other Brands. I was down to the 09 r1 and the 09 k9. The K9 fit me better!

yeah.. .after riding my busa and putting 8K on it in four months.. and then riding a friend's liter bike.. I dunno if ill ever buy another bike again... Maybe ill just suck it up and get that 09 next spring.

Back