This is gonna be biased..but here goes...

For FREE.... Perhaps, I'm just sayn':whistle:

GSX-R1000RR_2.jpg

GSX-R1000RR_6.jpg

comfort is important to me.. but Im 5'8 lol.. So nick, you are 6'3" correct? I always hear people say the busa is comfortable..but then I actually went back and looked and they are always huge people! Im not.. i weight 188 on a bad day, and am short..

With that info, does that change anything in regards to comfort on the liter bikes? Or is it just the wrist pressure and bad seats?

Also, will that cbr be ok for my girlfriend on the back? These are the things I wrestle with..and will probably go toward a new gen II...

I saw the white in person and I loved it... If it looks girly then I guess Misty aint got nothing on the 09' white!:laugh:

The liter bikes aren't going to be as comfortable. Also the humps aren't nearly as comfortable for your rider :whistle:

If you're going to carve corners and do track days I'd say a liter bike, not necessarily the R1, but that's your choice. The Busa fits my every need :thumbsup:

dang dad, you are a postin' this evening!:beerchug:

Well, yeah, it was just a lust thing.. that R1 didnt mean anything.....just lust...

I would also tell you to go see the white 09 in person before making up your mind if you decide to go that route. I was going to buy a 09 white instead of silver because I thought the white looked better in the pics. However, in person, I think the white looks a little girly so that's why I went with the silver. Once again this is just my personal opinion so please don't flame me too badly.

+1 I checked out a white one at the dealer and it did look girly to me too

First I have to acknowledge the R1 is a great bike. I am 6'1 235 and just traded my 999 (a little better seating position than the R1) because I didn't ride it. I had a choice of riding it or the busa and always took the busa. Ergos just weren't there for the kind of riding I do. I am fortunate enough not to have to choose one bike but I am afraid my superbike days are over. (I have a list for a Ducati Street fighter or Aprillia Tuano)

Bro you are not going to beat that kid's brother's R6 on an R1 or Gen II unless you learn how to ride the damn thing... :poke:

So quit acting like a girl picking out a prom dress and go with the Busa.:rulez:

Last edited:
Just cant seem to see myself riding fulltime on a small bike....Would luv to have an R1 for track purpose though,, day to day i cant live without my busa! i need the comfort + power is there,.. genII are great at twisties but nothing compares to smaller bikes bro...

I think it really depends on what you want out of the bike. You mentioned that your mostly twisty riding with other who have bikes that have less weight and you're starting to get fatigued fro mthe long rides. In that case get a 6 or work out more.

You really like the sound from the R1. That's an emotional response which is a personal feeling. If this creates a strong emotional attachment then the R1 or perhaps a v-twin will be the only choice to satisfy this.

I like the busa because it's a great all around bike. It'll do everything in good shape for most people. It's purpose is speed though which doesn't lend itself as well for twisties.

I would say since you're keeping your busa then you already have an all around bike and should think about a light weight twin for the Sunday morning twisty times.

Keep the Busa and go pick up a used SV1000 that's in good shape. They are very nimble and comfortable. And it's keeping it in the Suzuki family (of course I can't say anything about that since I own an FJR).

Looks like I may just pick up a smaller bike... Gixxer600 maybe... Then the girl can ride too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Now that I've been Busafied, it would be hard to go back...

My wife actually talked me into a Busa for over a year. The liter bike was just too much business, and took a lot of the fun out of riding, also was not very confortable for her~!~

We've been through a few bikes together, and she thought the Busa seat looked and felt a lot like the SRAD 750 seat on the rear which she really liked. Took me a year to say ok (I liked the twisties too much) but when the Gen II came out it won me over.

Still carves pretty good, but as Tuf always says...not quite as good as a bike that's born with twisties in the DNA~!~

We ride it just like any other sportbike and still keep a little business end with it also...but the fun is back in the game~!~

An the 5'8" thing isn't an issue. I'm 5'9" and shrinking, but I can still throw my 08 around for an all day ride. My SS riding friends are the ones complaining before we even get to dinner.

Bro, This is like asking Dead heads whether they prefer the Bee Gees or the Grateful Dead. While there my be a few closet "Dead Head" Bee Gee super fans most are definately Jerry's kids! Be true to yourself if you like the Bee Gees say it loud and proud! Otherwise just be a "busa head". What a long strange "post" it's been! :laugh:

If your looking to do mostly twisties CBR 1000rr. I know not on your list but having been on all these bikes with the exception of the 2nd Gen Busa, I'd go with the CBR if I was mostly looking to do twisites.

Don't get me wrong the 09 R1 is badass and has the best throttle response I have felt on a bike yet. It's almost lethargic the way it feels like your not accelerating but the fact is it's moving but it's so smooth it don't really feel like it. It is more comfortable then the previous R1's but still applies quite a bit of pressure on the wrist. It does go in to corners nice even though it's 20lbs heavier then the last Gen. One thing that I didn't like was that it doesn't launch from the line as you have to rev it or it gurgles if your not in a high enough RPM.

The CBR on the other hand was more comfortable, it's light weight make it the most flickable bike I have felt, and it has an unbelievable amount of power from the bottom up. Just an awesome power band, very similar to the Busa in my opinion. I had an article where it won the 0 to 60, 60 to 120, and top speed against the other liter bikes. To me it felt like it could as well.

With the exception of the Zx-10R, I've road the 07 GSXR-1000, 08 CBR 1000rr, and the 09 R1, and of those I'd choose the CBR anyday. I know it's a bit funky looking but who cares when it's performance you want. That and if your looking at the new R1, then obviously you don't care if it looks fugly :poke: .

If I didn't ride as much as I do it would be the CBR but being that I ride so much I want the best of both worlds which is why I plan to get another Busa 2nd Gen hopefully this time.

quote the truth. the 2008/2009 cbr 1000 is a awesome bike. sorry guys, but suzuki has not yet made a litre bike that can compete with the new hondar.

bench

Back