This forum is EXPENSIVE!

SS14PSI

Registered
Well I've only had my Busa for about a little over a month and this dang forum keeps taking my money! First of all, it persuaded me to snag one of the Harbor Freight Lift Tables. I bought the coupon on ebay for $.99 shipped and picked up the lift/wheel chock for about $350 total. This is the best tool I've purchased in YEARS. I cannot even express how much I love this thing. It makes life in the garage so much easier.

8216717c.jpg

18eba8dc.jpg

1084dd80.jpg

6347b5ef.jpg

75476998.jpg

c5eae6ca.jpg

a618d7a7.jpg

Next, although my Muzzy's 1464 has a 24v starter setup, after the motor was hot it didn't want to crank over and I'd have to wait for it to cool down. A little research here on the forum pointed me to the Ballistic lithium ion batteries ( Batteries - Ballistic Performance Components ). I can't say enough about these batteries. I replaced the standard battery with the Ballistic 12 cell. The stock battery was around 180 cca compared to 410 cca on the Ballistic. The Ballistic battery also weighs about 1/6th of the stock battery. My secondary battery was a smaller Power Sonic unit that put out about 80 cca. I replaced it with a Ballistic 8 cell that puts out 275 cca. Needless to say, even at it's hottest, my 1464 cranks over like a 600 with no spark plugs hooked up to a charger. :thumbsup:

Lastly, I plan to do quite a bit of street riding and also as many trips to the drag strip as possible. Thanks to the forum I snagged a nice set of black front/rear wheels complete with good street Dunlop Q2's, rotors, cush drive, spacers and sprockets from a member for $375 shipped. Now I can simply swap out my rear wheel for street/strip and keep one with the super sticky shinko on it and the other with a harder compound shinko.

Will you guys please stop spending my money?! :laugh:

i understand your pain as do many more around here :thumbsup:

Now to really show us how upset you are, how bout posting up a pic of that Camaro I see lurking in the back ground :thumbsup:

My wife keeps asking when this bike is going to save us money.I got it when gas was high but I keep putting money in it.These bikes are addicting.

:welcome: and we love our lurkers...they end up buying a busa....eventually lol

That's it after a month? :laugh: Hope you have deep pockets.

Yep I feel you. Turns out you need to have about $350 to snag the great buys the sponsors put up. I missed a few good deals before I figured that one out.

The car is my 68 Camaro. It's a prostreet car, tubbed with 15x15" Weld wheels in the back and 29x18.50 tires. It's a mild 468 Big Block Chevy with a huge cam, 4 speed auto trans and Ford 9" rear end. It's slow as hell, about fast enough to do good burnouts and that's it.

My new motor is being assembled at the machine shop as we speak. It's a Dart Big M block 540 ci, Dart Pro1 heads, all forged, custom cam, etc.

Here are a couple quick pictures

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Next to it sleeps my daily driver C6 Corvette. I'm a huge GM nut. I sold my supercharged 97 Camaro SS to buy the Busa. That SS was my baby and would run circles around the Corvette like it was tied to a stump :)

and my 281ci 03 cobra runs 10s in the quarter, anyone wanna buy it? lol

I love terminators. My buddy has a whipped 03 with 16k miles on it. They are a blast to drive and those motors are nothing short of incredible. Unfortunately in the end, they're still the same ole high school girl's Mustang :D

This is the most expensive forum i ve ever been a part off for sure. But the amount of knowledge and help this forum gives for free more then covers up for the stuff it persuades you to buy for your bike.

Back