This bugs me

if you would like to talk about what US service men do in mexico, start a thread. i know we have some vets on here. lets see if they are honest what about they did, or have seen done in mexico, to mexicans...

my best freind to a shank and lost his spline, while being drunk, and stupid in mexico...

however, this is a story about a bunch of "good white kids" that beat a man to death...and a town that said "its ok, he was only a mexican"

two things:

1. i really do not care about what happens in mexico. i don't live there, i cannot change the way that country is. it is a corrupt ****-hole, traveling to mexico is dangerous and people should be careful because you can be targeted.

2. i am in no way endicting "all white people". however, this story is however a about skin color. the murderers were all "white". they taunted the mexican man until he fought back....they all four of them beat him to death.

the beat him until he was unconcious, they kept beating him as he was on the ground motionless. as they beat they yelled racial slurs.

they were arrested and charged......and after after 9 hours of deliberation, including a dinner break. 12 white jurors returned a verdict.

12 white people proclaimed that killing a mexican is not murder.

i did not make this a race issue...those guys did. to ignore that race played a role in this, is wrong.

The victim's ethnicity probably played a role in it, I agree. The criminal's race had nothing to do with the crime other than it being different than the victims. They did not beat him becaue they were white.

if you do not care about what happens in MX, why would you care about an illegal immigrant?

Technically:

he is here without legal status and so really not afforded the same rights as a legal US citizen.. culpability is based on more than one factor.. had he not been breaking the law, he would still be alive (albiet in MX)

really if you want to pick and choose "correct ethics" you must care what happens to US citizens in MX (my bet is that they are there legally too)..

you can not condemn one set of actions and ignore the same issue because you "dont live there"

I wish race would stay out of the media.....it adds fuel to fire.

Lets just keep dividing up.....and see what's left.???

so its just a coincidence that all of the murderers are white?

its just a coincidence that all the jurors were white?

and it was just a coincidence that the dead man was not white?

if you do not care about what happens in MX, why would you care about an illegal immigrant?

Technically:

he is here without legal status and so really not afforded the same rights as a legal US citizen.. culpability is based on more than one factor.. had he not been breaking the law, he would still be alive (albiet in MX)

really if you want to pick and choose "correct ethics" you must care what happens to US citizens in MX (my bet is that they are there legally too)..

you can not condemn one set of actions and ignore the same issue because you "dont live there"

Please man... ??? In saying this, these guys avenged all bad things done south of the border against Americans? Really? By viciously murdering a person in the country under a dubious status?
Taken a step further, you are declaring open season on everyone here under the same circumstances.. Death by beating your skull until crushed?

Last edited:

Technically:

technically, an illegal aliens is protected, and has the same civil rights as you do....

i am not ignoring "correct ethics". this is not about ethics, this is about law. the law states all men are equal, not white men...not legal citizens. the Constitution of the United States protects me, a mexican man just as much as it protects a white man.

I do not know what the mexican constitution says, and i don't care...

i have no problem with most people, even white people...lol. i would bet the sherriff that arrested these murderers is white, the DA is probably white, the judge is probably white.....i am not condemming all white people.

but, a fact that cannot be ignored is these four young men murdered another man because he was mexican....and there are lots of people that are ok with that, starting with the 12 jurors.

It would be better if all jury's were made up of 1 person from every ethnic group in the US from now on.

The report writer did not have to say "an all-white jury".....they were just a jury. These remarks keep the tension high.

More than likely this was a racially motivated crime...either way a crime was commited and this young man died. The punishment should be the same regardless of ethnicity of any parties involved.

The report writer did not have to say "an all-white jury".....they were just a jury. These remarks keep the tension high.

They were a sympathetic jury.. Sympathetic to the assailants.. In their verdict, they devalued the life of the Mexican victim of a hate crime.

They were a sympathetic jury.. Sympathetic to the assailants.. In their verdict, they devalued the life of the Mexican victim of a hate crime.

The prosecution did a lousy job in selection then......

The whole thing reeks of bias.. The prosecutor's office probably knew the families of these "fine young men" and stacked the jury for the desired result..

"The victim was just another unwanted Mexican.. We'll put on a show and slap them on the wrists." Is probably how it went down..

No more than it being a concidence that everyone living in my home is white. Jurys are selected so no it was no coincidence it was based upon the legal selection process. No coincidence that the dead man was not white, I think we established that his being mexican was probably why he was attacked. He could very well have been attacked in an all black neighborhood in NY or and all Honduran neighborhood in some other city, or an all Asian neighborhood. The point is that ethnic hatred is not limited to any one race or ethnicity. You comments from your first posts blur the real issue. It has nothing to do with white on mexican crime it is about racial and ethnic hatred in this case it happend to be white on mexicans but that is but a single incident.

Yes they absolutely did and it is tragic.

This is true too...

And to Bogus, his being status for being here is irrelivant I doubt these punks asked to see a green card before beating him to death. Murder is murder and the victim is in no way responsible.

when selecting a jury..the prosecution can dissqualify a few potential juror. but the number is limited.
INDIANA RULES OF COURT

RULE 18 NUMBER OF PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES

(a) In criminal cases the defendant and prosecution each may challenge peremptorily:

(1) twenty (20) jurors in prosecutions where the death penalty or life without parole is sought;

(2) ten (10) jurors when neither the death penalty nor life without parole is sought in prosecutions for murder, and Class A, B, or C felonies, including enhancements; and

(3) five (5) jurors in prosecutions for all other crimes

the problem is when you pool from a racist community, you will get racist jurors

when selecting a jury..the prosecution can dissqualify a few potential juror. but the number is limited.
INDIANA RULES OF COURT

RULE 18 NUMBER OF PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES

(a) In criminal cases the defendant and prosecution each may challenge peremptorily:

(1) twenty (20) jurors in prosecutions where the death penalty or life without parole is sought;

(2) ten (10) jurors when neither the death penalty nor life without parole is sought in prosecutions for murder, and Class A, B, or C felonies, including enhancements; and

(3) five (5) jurors in prosecutions for all other crimes

the problem is when you pool from a racist community, you will get racist jurors

no arguement here.

No more than it being a concidence that everyone living in my home is white. Jurys are selected so no it was no coincidence it was based upon the legal selection process. No coincidence that the dead man was not white, I think we established that his being mexican was probably why he was attacked. He could very well have been attacked in an all black neighborhood in NY or and all Honduran neighborhood in some other city, or an all Asian neighborhood. The point is that ethnic hatred is not limited to any one race or ethnicity. You comments from your first posts blur the real issue. It has nothing to do with white on mexican crime it is about racial and ethnic hatred in this case it happend to be white on mexicans but that is but a single incident.

Yes they absolutely did and it is tragic.

This is true too...

And to Bogus, his being status for being here is irrelivant I doubt these punks asked to see a green card before beating him to death. Murder is murder and the victim is in no way responsible.

yes i agree racial and ethnic hatred is the problem....but i am limiting my comments to these murderers and this racist jury.

oh, and the racist that are supporting these murders....

It bugs you?

He!1! You shoud be saddened and worried knowing that you live in world where ending anothers life is considered so trivial that the penalty is mere months in confinement.

Where is the Punisher? Justice has been betrayed in this world. :(

yes i agree racial and ethnic hatred is the problem....but i am limiting my comments to these murderers and this racist jury.

oh, and the racist that are supporting these murders....

If you choose to focus on the incident instead of the problem then you become part of the problem.

Back