This board is amazing

nyrican

Registered
Thanks to all of you who hang around and male this such an awesome place. I recently was having issues with my bike stalling randomly, and then not wanting to start with the F1 light flashing. I was quite frustrated after initially just visually inspecting everything and finding nothing. Then I thought, "why am I even guessing???" I KNOW where to find the right answer LOL!!!
So I waited for the fault code to pop back up, hooked up the little jumper wire in the back, (just liked I learned to do right here) read the code, and looked up the code fault. All right here in this bad a$$ forum!!! So ten minutes later all doubts are gone, bike is back to normal, for free, and all thanks to the org. You just gotta love it.

The problem was the Tip over sensor, fault code C23. I'm not really sure why this thing was acting up but it was the cause of the stalling being that it's purpose is cutting fuel to the engine in case of a tip over. I honestly dont want to deal with it again so I did some more research and found a way to fool proof it. Anyway, it's all good now. I was just amazed at how easily available all the information was. I have two friends who know EVERYTHING about bikes and they were basically makin fun of me because I was dismissing their mechanical opinions. I'm no spring chicken around tools and engines myself but I definitely used the boards knowledge to my advantage. One of the guys swore up and down that it was the fuel pump. Told me to stop wastin my time looking for any other issues, "it's the fuel pump, period just order it man, trust me I've been doing this for a long time" the other guy argued oh hell no it's your engine on/off switch. As he repeatedly clicked it on and off hastily. At which point I look at them both and I tell them to step away from my damn bike.

So I dissect their opinions...
Fuel pump... I'm thinking there's absolutely no way its the fuel pump, the bike runs and idles perfectly with absolutely no hesitation, misfires, or stumbles EVER. In my experience most will start to show symptoms as they begin to go out, they just don't turn on and off at will. Myth -busted LOL
Engine on/off switch... Um no, the reason he was thinking this was it was because when the bike would stall, i would have to cycle the ignition switch several times to get it to clear the F1 to try and see if t would start. During those tries I would also obviously click the on/off button too. When he would hear the pump prime he was assuming that the switch was not engaging or making proper contact and activating the pump. Ummm whatever guy.. Myth busted!
So my buddies are 0-2 and the org 1-0 with an easy victory!

I too appreciate the many resources we have here on the oRg. Glad it worked out for you and you've got your girl running right again! :thumbsup:

theses are the kind of posts i love to see! it's a winner :beerchug:

I agree. This board is the best. I had a gear shift problem, and it turned out I was not the only person with the problem just the first to post up about it. It really helped calm my fears. After all sometimes we jump to the worst case scenarios and there are always members here to reel you back in and keep you grounded.:thumbsup:

Yup glad to see we all agree :-)
Blanca c'mon man, if I posted local chics here for every occasion they'd have to give me my own sub forum !!!

contribute what you can...there are so many experts here with numerous trades...sharing your problem may solve it for the next person and pics are welcome

I come on here everyday when I first log on to my comp. It is always nice to see what is going on around the world and it is a great place to learn about the busa. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Another Great story! This place is Great! :beerchug:

oh yea about those pics....?:rulez:

Back