Thirteen changes for 2001

OB_Gary Evans

Registered
Bob, your not likely to find a Blue Busa anywhere near Phoenix. I tried everywhere close and only found one shipped in from another state for which they wanted a $700 premium. I said no thanks and bought Red.

Thanks Gary I won't waste my time making the rounds knowing this. Where did you buy yours and how much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking).

Bob

You might give a thought to a weekend jaunt. I bought my Busa about 3 weeks back, they had both colors my choice no mark-up, (I like red), paid a "shade under the ten mark. The place FAY MYERS in Denver CO. (not too far Phoenix) My salesperson was Mark Mortimer nice guy to deal with. 1-303-7446632

If you're not opposed to the Cali version, I still see many available here. A few of the dealers seem to have a constant supply, although they move in and out in a few days. At least a few days ago, Bert's Motorcycle Mall in Azusa, CA and Chaparral in San Bernardino, CA had them in stock. Check your negociation skills and be prepared o deal with he good old dealer prep mark up. Chaparral is a tad under $10,000, but will get you on prep. Bert's has their's at list, but will not refuse a respectable deal (if you hold to your guns). I found it easier to work down from list with no prep, than work up from a a rock bottom so called sale price and play with the prep fees.

There are a couple of red ones in El Paso at Mr. Yamaha/suzuki/honda. They were even selling a new grey xx Honda for $9200.

There are TWO Hayabusa's at Saddleback Suzuki-Seadoo...one red one blue. It's the last two they have. I bought a red one from this guy and he wouldn't go below list since he gave me a lot for my trade-in. He did take out all the prep fees and threw in the Suzuki race stand.

BTW, I can't think of anything to change in the Hayabusa except maybe colors. Perhaps a frame colored wheels this time(instead of black)? Honestly, is there anything that needs to be changed on the bikes? If there will be changes, I'll bet money it will be just colors & a few improvements to durability and that's it.

I go to Vegas, San Diego and LA often for business. I may check with some San Deigo area dealers when I'm there over Labor Day. I'll have my truck (long bed) so I can just load and go if a deal arises.

Thanks for the input....

There is always a haybusa somewhere out here (cali) in fact in Southern Cal they are advertising them at $1,500.00 off msrp. I know there is a catch somewhere (like freight) but there are a few around. good luck

Car and bike manufacturers all around the world manage their dealers on the mushroom principle (keep them in the dark and feed them $hit).

There's no way your dealer or anyone else's has the faintest clue what's coming down the pipe until it arrives on the truck.

GREAT list, Cisco.

Cisco, I like your list. I just put a deposit on the first one in Toledo. Will let you know the moment I see it and what changes if any have been made. Busas are plentiful here, It will be disected without delay by the gang I'm sure. I just hope the colors are cooooool!!!!

I just spoke with a Suzuki dealer in Phx., he said Suzuki is going to officially announce 13 changes to the 2000 model line-up in September at the dealers convention. I had the feeling he maybe knew what they would be but he wasn't caving in on me.

Has anyone heard about changes to the Busa for 2001? Colors? Anyone know of a dealer that has a new Blue 2000 left (close to Phx) and how much it's going for?

Thanks,

Bob

I sniffed around a little but haven't called everyone. I am not inclined to purchase from the Powersports punks and they half of the Suzuki dealers in AZ.

If there are going to be significant changes for 2001, or a color I really like I may just wait.

Bob

Here's my guess on what the changes will be
1. Cam tensioner adjustment unit
2. Airbox mods/long stacks
3. Gas fuel line routing
4. electric fuel pump filter mods
5. Kick stand fix
6. Tire change to Sport pilots, 200 rear
7. Remap of CPU unit
8. Digital Screen instead of Analog
9. Clutch unit and outer case redone
10. Change on front end Brake Calipers,routing of brake lines.
11. Pipes will be changed maybe 2 into 1
12. Frame change/weight savings 48 lbs.
13. Pricing; break out the piggy bank with color changes, Red/Wht/Blue Yosh style,
All Black, All Silver Black letters
My inner thoughts and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Good list Cisco San Jose. But.... I think the 13 changes will be to the model line, not the Hayabusa model.

We are so Hayabusa-centric around here. The world according to Hayabusa. I'm not judging anyone....

I was told last night that the GSXR600 that's coming out is a clone of the new 750 and is pulling 98-100 at the rear wheel. Asked about the GSXR1000....told it might not be happening since Suzuki is starting R&D on an unlimited 4 stroke motor program for the new FIM GP rules in 2002. Could be a smoke screen though, who knows. We'll find out soon!

Jim

I asked about the GSXr-1000 (I thought it was a definite 2001 model) and he said "they (Suzuki) won't tell us anything or sure until the dealer show."

Back