Third Wheel Trailer... Who has pulled one???

FlatlandBusa

Registered
I'm sick of soft saddle bags (moving around no matter how tight they are strapped on, having to tape up the entire tail of the bike to prevent scratches).

I have looked into corbin beetle bags but do not like the fact that they are not easy to remove and put the bike back to stock looking.

I am about 75% sure that I will be buying a third wheel trailer brand single wheel trailer this winter. From reviews I have read I do not believe this trailer will cause the bike to handle poorly.

Has anybody here pulled one?

If so, how much did it hurt your mileage?

What was your overall impression of the construction quality?

Thanks,
-John

I think this thread needs a picture.

9d314a22251335ade4b90c4ed105980b_zps18463342.jpg

I've had one for about a year and a half. Bought it used from an Org member. My Best Purchase besides the Busa! I put about 7000 miles on mine so far. Exceptional build quality and the Tire looks like it will last forever! On the road I almost forget its back there! I've noticed no effect on gas mileage. I'm guessing it sits in the bikes slipstream though I do ride slower when it's on there and loaded. I have the taller model. I believe it's slightly heavier than the lower one. I also added a Busa Hump to mine! If you go camping and ride with gear Bungeed on everywhere, ( like I used to) your pack up time will go from hours to minutes!! And to have actual lockable storage, priceless!
This is how I traveled before:

image-2070744308.jpg

This is how I travel now! You'll never go back!

image-2023110207.jpg

image-2070744308.jpg

image-2023110207.jpg

OK! now i want one!
im trying to pack for a month. taking mostly "just incase gear", because thats all that will fit. a trailer is a good idea.
i missed the couple (joe & liza) that makes them, twice, as they rode around NM & CO. they seen to be pretty nice folks with a great product that they use themselves as they tour. :thumbs:

:whistle: maybe i just need sponsorship. :laugh:

I've had one for about a year and a half. Bought it used from an Org member. My Best Purchase besides the Busa! I put about 7000 miles on mine so far. Exceptional build quality and the Tire looks like it will last forever! On the road I almost forget its back there! I've noticed no effect on gas mileage. I'm guessing it sits in the bikes slipstream though I do ride slower when it's on there and loaded. I have the taller model. I believe it's slightly heavier than the lower one. I also added a Busa Hump to mine! If you go camping and ride with gear Bungeed on everywhere, ( like I used to) your pack up time will go from hours to minutes!! And to have actual lockable storage, priceless!
This is how I traveled before:

View attachment 269213

This is how I travel now! You'll never go back!

View attachment 269214

Your before pic is where I'm at now. After my last trip I was on a road with very rough expansion joints that caused my bags to move around, a lot... I was about ready to throw the bags in the ditch.

Your trailer looks great!

Have a Uni-go and I absolutely love it - But, they don't make a hitch for the Busa so mines being pulled by my Hog. I can only comment on handling of a single wheel trailer. You will absolutely love it! Sometimes I forget its there and the amount of gear you can carry is crazy.

photo.jpg

I've got..... well over 30,000 on my Trailer, its an oldie and still the original tire and all. I've done speeds up to ..... mph ???
I never have a single bag or anything on my Bike, I don't kick saddle bag, top boxes nor do I remove a tank bag when I fill in go go juice.
I simply wouldn't travel any other way on my Bike, period.
So... any questions, I may have the answer ;)

Img0 118 (800 x 600).jpg

Img0 191 (800 x 600).jpg

Best thing I've ever made, try touring on a Busa 2 up with this load. I've never been left behind by the guys riding solo with camping gear strapped on the back of the bike, plus no extra load on the bikes suspension all the weight is on the axle.

Assen 2013 web2.jpg

P1010786.jpg

P1010794.JPG

Thought I'd share this one just for fun :whistle:

oh... there is a Third Wheel behind that Gixxer :whistle:

This pic answers any questions I had about how the trailer handles.

I have run across several pics of that yellow and black GSXR pulling a third wheel, most of the pics I have found are of them are leaned over.

This pic answers any questions I had about how the trailer handles.

I have run across several pics of that yellow and black GSXR pulling a third wheel, most of the pics I have found are of them are leaned over.

Gixxer Omivore ,Owner : Scott Forgie , riding his bike with TWT like SOLO.
Love2see him taken twisty's.
All pics from him in this topic.
Scott Forgie eigenaar op gixxer adv van 20-04-2016.jpg
TWT racer gixxer with trailer Img7448.jpg
24-07-2013.jpg
gixxer image_2.jpg
img_8205.jpg
signature.JPG
24-09-2009.jpg
owt_model.jpg
04-04-2011 2.jpg
04-04-2011 3.jpg