Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hey guys -
Okay, I have three pairs of riding pants:
ICON textile TiMAX pants
ICON Recon jeans
Draggin Jeans
Problem is that I want more protection than the Recon and Draggin Jeans offer in the knees. So I was looking at these.

Bionic knee gaurds

Anyone have any experieince with these? They also have the reflex gaurds which are basically knee/shin gaurds with velcro straps...
What do you guys think?

Thanks

Never used them...I think Icon also makes some knee/shin guards that you can wear under jeans
wink.gif

i bought a set of these MC and I like to wear them when in my jeans...they take some getting used to, but over all they are worth it in my book for the safety sake without wearing leathers. thankfully have not had to actually see how they hold up!!
beerchug.gif

05 Bulldog,
This is exactly the kind of input I was looking for, thanks... I think I am goint to have to pull the trigger on this one!

Make sure you get the titanium pads!!

The kids at the mall will love the sparks
super.gif

MC you might consider upgrading from jean style riding pants. I bet those AS knee guards take quite a bit of getting used to.

I've worn these since June and they are VERY comfortable as well as providing protection. On MAJOR sale at New Enough right now- $84 down from $199!

FirstGear Fuel Pants at New Enough

P.S.- The ankles have zips so you can tuck them into riding boots or leave them unzipped and have a regular pants leg outside boots if that's more your style.
smile.gif

(Shibumi @ Oct. 01 2006,15:51)
+5

Just get some leather and be done with it. Are you certain those knee "protectors" won't slide/rotate out of place if you go down?

Yeah, I know what you guys mean about leather... been down that road, but I can't find anything that fits... I am short and wide... so I'll have to go custom, and don't have that sort of money right now...
I had a pair of Technic leather pants, but I sold them... I probably should have taken them to a tailor to see if I could make them work...
Oh well, in the interim....

if you ever fall . youll want to slide in leather ! full leathers when i am out playin , and leather jacket with textile overpants and boots for my commuting ! all have pretty good armor in them !

i would be worried about strapping anything on my knees under jeans , for the fear of it ripping my leg off in the event of it getting snagged on somthing during a fall ?
although hook n loop sounds like velcro ?

I use them on every ride and I like them a lot. Make sure you wear some garment under them...cut up thermal underwear. They take some getting used to and can hurt for the first few times you use them.

I feel more confident when I wear them and I am able to grip the tank better with them on.

Back