Thinking of upgrading, er, downgrading...

If you like power, don't go with the 600 Gixer. It is a dog compared to the busa. I rode one last week. It's a nice bike and suprisingly comfortable, but the power is definitely lacking. That's just my thoughts on it.

tell ya what...if ya wanna great track bike that has big balls for a real reasonable price?....honda's "SuperHawk" is a freaking blast...998cc Twin...real torquey and forgiving....sorta like an econo RC51....but damn is it a blast to ride....i rode one of my buds SuperHawk out at the psuedo track in sebring a few months back...

BillHawk3.jpg

BillHawk2.jpg

BillHawk4.jpg

and had a ball!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

i would go with the r6 . sport rider magazine said it was the closest thing to a motogp bike , as far as feel not power.

i ve been having the same thoughts here . a nimble 600 instead of the big busa. tho, i m thinking of a 07gsx1000 or mv agusta 1000 .
i guess you have to live in So CAl to understand. You dont need a huge bike for Canyons and the track.
out,

Nelson I have to agree with " Stunnah" ... ooh btw..I'm back .. give me a call and I'll slap some sence into yah ... heh . btw... I have my own shop now .. scrw 8ball .. n yes my body is still sore. .. but , i'm ridin ..
tounge.gif

i've wrestled with the same demon many times before...but i'm me....and i just couldn't do it...as if i woke up one morn'in and my busa was gone and a 600 was sitt'in in it's place?...i think i'd probably puke..then have a cup of coffee then go look again annnd...puke again.
laugh.gif

Oh the busa is a sled but...out on the superslabs?...tooling along at 80mph in top gear with neck snapp'in torque at the flick of a wrist and all the while the rev counter is loafing along at a measly 4,250rpm?....all day long?...vs....some high strung buzz bomb that doesn't even come to life until 8,000+rpms?
rock.gif
rid'in 'round with the lump spun up like a top?...sounding like a hornets nest on 2 wheels?....just to get to the end of your residential street?

I couldn't do it...not if the price of addmission was my beloved busa.

But i could dig a light twin for some trackday fun...as at least the twins make power everyhwere...less tranny management stress...='s...more focus on riding skillz.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Thing about the Busa is that once you have the suspension setup, you'll have just as much fun on it in the canyons than you would on a say, 600... Some fellas that I ride with are surprised on how zipper down the canyons on the Busa, very surprised at that...

Thing about the Busa is that once you have the suspension setup, you'll have just as much fun on it in the canyons than you would on a say, 600... Some fellas that I ride with are surprised on how zipper down the canyons on the Busa, very surprised at that...
yep....sorta reminiscent of "Yellow Wolf"....the dude on the huge yellow goldwing that chases down 600's at deals gap!
laugh.gif

Good advice everywhere.

Here's the deal w/the 600. It's NOT gonna be huge on power and torque. But as a trackday bike, it's perfect. In fact, it'll be more than enough for the track so you can hone in on your skillz. A very well ridden 600 will smoke an excellent Busa rider anyday @ the track. You can pretty much hold the throttle open through the apex and not worry too much about that rear end coming up.

Think long and hard on what you wanna do. It's your choice ultimately. The 750 is not a bad choice either.

Back