thinking of turbo charging my genII

groran1000

Registered
I would like to TC my 09 busa stage one should be good. Which is the best one? Can I install myself if I have more than basic mechanic skills? Also I want to hide all the turbo stuff and go with standard or standard looking exhaust. I'm in California so I can't bring to powerhouse and prefer not to pull engine and ship. Would I need to get it tuned? I also read of engine melt downs too and am worried about that. How much HP and torque we looking at and what is the cost of all components including to hide the TC? Want to look like a sleeper of sorts he he. thanks

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Site Sponsor
Registered
Go with an RCC kit and you will not only have a two year warranty on everything, you will get unlimited assistance and tech well beyond your purchase. POWERHOUSE would be happy to help you every step of the way. The RCC Stage One will make around 230 rear on a stock Gen 2, limited only by the compression of the Gen 2 and it's weak valve springs. The kit itself is capable of 430+ rear wheel with the proper engine and fueling upgrades. The Gen 2's stock injectors will get you to 350 rear, with all fueling done through the bike's own ecu. Give me a call tomorrow and I will be able to talk to your directly about your options and how to get exactly where you want to be without wasting time and money . . .

ali123

Registered
Let's get something straight.... you gotta ask about cost... may want to think twice.
If you're gonna lower the compression might as well use turbo pistons.
Then just do rods and head studs and valve springs
Better to build it once then pull the poop apart several times
exactly... but a stage1 is very reasonable price wise

mabupa

Registered
I’ll watch this thread just for the “full exhaust on a turbo” part. @POWERHOUSE has mentioned before that it can be done and without having the huge air filter hanging out the side as well, if you are not going for crazy HP, so I’m curious to see how this turns out.

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
Power is addictive. You think stock is lots. Then you think hmmm 250 or maybe more reasonably stock otherwise. Then when you have that you want more. It never ends. And yes. You do keep taking it apart. And building it better. :(

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Site Sponsor
Registered
So Frank. You are saying with improved Springs and a stage one turbo I could have over 300 HP.
Yes, easily. Of course there are things I would recommend and yes, a tune is absolutely necessary. If you are considering pulling the cylinder to install a base spacer plate, also realize that changing deck height will throw the cams off and you will need adjustable cam sprockets and to have the cams degreed. This is unavoidable on a Gen 1, but a Gen 2 can be handled a little differently: put Wossner turbo pistons in with a stock base gasket and there is no need for adjustable cam sprockets. Install the cams on the stock marks and off you go. When you compare pricing, it makes more sense to install turbo pistons, especially on a Gen 2.

Mathewrussell52

Registered
Yes, easily. Of course there are things I would recommend and yes, a tune is absolutely necessary. If you are considering pulling the cylinder to install a base spacer plate, also realize that changing deck height will throw the cams off and you will need adjustable cam sprockets and to have the cams degreed. This is unavoidable on a Gen 1, but a Gen 2 can be handled a little differently: put Wossner turbo pistons in with a stock base gasket and there is no need for adjustable cam sprockets. Install the cams on the stock marks and off you go. When you compare pricing, it makes more sense to install turbo pistons, especially on a Gen 2.
I have read 100 times cheeped and easier to just do pistons on a gen 2. Is the stock cam timing really good or can you not gain anything from degreeing the cams?

busakiller

Registered
Stupid question. But if you had a gen 1 and did turbo pistons and thicker base gasket and NO cam gears what would happen?