Thinking of Trading the Busa

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Thinking of letting girlfriend go and go with an R-1, GSXR1000, or something else. Still don't want to lose the busa. Any of you thinking of going to one of the quicker cornering bikes?

Marc "Howlin Mad"

why are so many ppl getting rid of the busa?

I'm gonna get sick....................................

Speaking for me. Its just not the best platform for the type of riding that I am doing.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

to answer your topic, it would also be my 2nd bike if I had room in the stable....

GixxR1000... 2nd sweetest bike on the planet in my humble opinion.  
beerchug.gif

Not being an aggressive rider I love the Busa in the curves. Maybe one day when I learn to take corners harder I might want something else but just not yet.

I have ridden a GSXR many times. It is so light it just does not feel right. It is like tossing around a rag doll. The GSXR 1000 does perform well, and if you are more interested in track and twisties it will work for you if you wnat it to. I could not get myself to part with my Busa and I have lots and lots of twisties and straights to ride. Best is to have 2 bikes or 5, but that is not always possible.

Marc,
Say it ain't so! Especially after seeing LottaFun on GMR last August, are saying you're getting too fast for the 'Busa?
tounge.gif

Maybe hangin' around with those litre bikes on Palomar is getting to you. hehe

If I HAD to choose, I'd stay with Suzuki and go with the 1000.

dood the only other bike thats even going to make you happy is the gsxr1000. After riding the busa, everything else feels like a slug, the 1000 keeps up pretty good though.

I dont know what kind of riding you do, but I can keep up with the best of them going through the turns. Yea they might get me with braking, but I'll blast them coming out. That busa comes out of turns harder than any bike I've ever ridden, holy crap!

You'll miss your busa, thats like going from a F-16 Falcon to a WW1 Bi-plane, lol

Mike

Ninja Eater... I have always greatly respected your opinion and I don't want to get rid of the Busa either. I love it so much! Your right I just need to save my pennies and get another bike.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Just buy a cheap 600 and turn it into a race bike. Did it a couple of years ago had a blast. I'm too fat to win but had fun.

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BIKE TOO,THERES JUST NOTHING OUT THERE TO COMPARE
CANNOT RUN BUSA AT RACETRAC SO HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT USED DUCATI'S,748 IS LARGEST ALLOWED IN AMATUER
KINDA WANT 996R,BUT WOULD BE IN SAME BOAT
NEVER HAD A V TWIN,(EXCEPT FOR HARLEY) DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.LOCAL SHOP IS GOING TO LET ME DEMO NEW 999,BUT NOT REALLY WHAT IM LOOKING FOR BUT CANT RESIST THE RIDE..
REALLY NEED ABOUT 4 BIKES,LUXO TOURER,BUSA,BAR BIKE AND SUPERSPORT.MAYBE SPEED TRIPLE TOO ??

I need a big bike that I feel like I am sitting "IN". The Busa fits that well.
I ride a GSXR1000 and I feel like I'm riding on top of a saw horse. THey handle unreal and wheelie at the tug of the bars, but DAAYYYMMMMM.
I feel like I'm gonna fall over the handlebars!

marc, your nuckin futs to want to get rid of the busa, like Owen said, you saw Lotafun run gmr and just totally leave everybody else like thay were standing still. He was walkin 600, 750 and anybody else that got in his way, ON A BUSA!!!

just save your pennys and nickels and get a 750 for track days, if you get your money up, Ill find you one cheap hear in texas and bring it to you in July.

Josh

I feel you that was the dilemma I had when I purchased my BUSA.I love the twisties. I love it too much to get rid of it.If you can buy new or a few years old Gixxer1k is nice.But if you have to watch the pennies go with one of the 600's and modify it. As for 600's I like the Honda f4i or the R6. The ultimate is to own multiple bikes.

Must be some sort of terrorist plot going on...Too many people swapping down...If you really desire to swap GSXR1000 is the only way to go...And if you do swap you can always look at pictures of my bike but you can't ride it...
wink.gif

Speed isn't the issue! I know the busa is the King in that department. Carrying tons of corner speed is not her best gig though. I do the twisties and the track the busa can do both but is not the king of either. I love my "girlfriend" and I am sure that I won't get rid of her anytime soon.

I am on the prowl for a 2nd bike...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back