Thinking Of Trading (no Bashing)

well if selling private with miles etc keep in mind depends on area of country too, i would start round 9k. You can try to go higher but you can get new for 1 grand more.

private sale gets you 2K more easy , and hurry n sell asap because if a real GEN III busa appears in the next 9 months you wont be able to give it away except to a previous hayabusa owner who cares not on a GEN III , but rather needs a replacement due to theft / crash / or just wore theirs out .

Just remember if you sell it private - I would tell anyone that called - NO TEST RIDES WITHOUT CASH IN MY HAND.
The would keep all but serious buyers from coming over just to look at it and hoping to take it for a ride.

I don't remember if it was this forum or another were a guy posted all the rules he had when selling a bike.
Something like Cash in hand - if you don't like it I will give you your money back but you only can ride it for 10-15 minutes.
If your gone longer then that, it's a final sale. That was one rule I remember. Seems like there were 10 or so and he had them sign it
saying that they agreed to all the terms and rules etc.

Of course you also meet them in a public place - so if they don't buy it - they don't know where you live and can't come back to steal it later.

Of course you could trade it in and if money is not tight, then that could be an option.

I guess it depends on how fast you want to change bikes. Now should be a pretty good time to sell as some people get tax returns
and have a hole in their pocket. Spring is almost here too.

Good luck - what ever way you go.

i took the bike to the dealership for a look over and get some numbers ran and to my surprise they came back with a VERY good number. hoping the weather will hold up another day for a possible spin around the block and get a call tomorrow about the payment range if its the the same as my current payment and like how it handles i gonna pull the trigger. Stay tuned more to follow

How about having a peek at that new Suzuki GSX-S1000F or something similar. Similar in nature to the Ninja 1000SX (which my wife rides); which still gives you a more upright position (it's considered a "standard" rather than a sport bike); lots of room for your legs; but also lots of power, light, sporty, and super appropriate for touring and commuting.

As a past cruiser guy (including an H.D. Roadking); I find my back is a lot happier on a sport type bike. Another style could possibly be a naked bike (I was previously on a Triumph Speed Triple); but I prefer having a fairing for touring purposes.

Sugarbear

well friends after some serious consideration I'm NOT quite ready to trade the ol girl in just yet. After a quick test ride Saturday on the Vaquero the IT / FUN factor wasnt there just yet. Also I'm not too sure it would be very praticial for my short commute to work. Its a great bike to look at; the curves and lines flow really well and it handles nicely a bit heavy at low speeds but smooths out quickly. So long story short I'M KEEPING the BUS for a little while longer anyway.

Back