Thinking Of Trading (no Bashing)

mitchluv1

Registered
Ok friends and family here's the skinny just like the title says I'm thinking of trading in the Busa. I enjoy the freedom and wind on my face but a bad back and bum knee is starting to take a toll on any riding for extended periods of time. Been looking at a cruiser no not a H-D but i do like the look of the Street Glide but that price is CRAZY HIGH. I do like the look of a bagger and been looking at the Kawi Verquero. Waiting on input pro's and con's on this potential change of riding styles, positions, and more importantly motorcycles. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Talk to a Dr. / Chiropractor You might be surprised witch position is actually better your back . Knee is a different deal .
Sometimes we all need a change . I owned a ZRX ( Kawasaki Eddie Lawson Replica ) for 11 years , then FJR for 4 . Neither did it for me anymore .
However some of my best friends are still ZRX guys :) . I like the Vaquero .

B-King
I grew to be so uncomfortable on my Busa(put dirtbike bars on my Busa too) that I traded for a B-King.
No regrets at all. Extremely comfortable, I have 3 buldging discs, and spent knees from MX.
I loved the B-King, but eventually sold it.
Next bike with be another gsxr1k, only with dirtbike bars.
Kawasaki's Z1000 is another comfortable factory streetfighter.

C-10 been to the doc and physical therapy about the back only a matter of time before surgery. I guess that what 20 plus years of rucking, jumping outta plans and IEDS will do to you back and knees.

My other ride Is a Vmax , I find I ride way slower on it but pull low speed wheelies too much lol I do find myself less sore on it then the Busa

Nothing wrong with wanting a different style, make or model of bike, Busa's don't tick everyone's box's.

Personally I can't ride a cruiser. The one style of bike that's more "look at me" than ability. A big naked bike does the same job without stupid size tyres, a C-grade brakes, weight, ground clearance and wheel base. I can't ride a faired low-bar Busa anymore, but I'm loving my big naked bikes.

I'd recommend the GSX1400 but the US didn't get them (like a ZRX / XJR but with extra grunt) B-Kings are fun but not that practical (small tank, hard seat, limited luggage, not great for pillions etc) a naked Renthal bar's Busa ticks a lot of box's but is personal taste. Bandits are good, but 1200's getting old, 1250's not as "raw" or tuneable.

No green blood in my veins but ZRX12's are good bikes.

No need to dress like a gay pirate and ride a cruiser !!!!!!

Last edited:
Look into a Victory Cross Country. They have demo days occasionally all over the country. Take 1 for a test ride and see if that's more your speed. You can find left over Victory's @ dealerships marked down dramatically from MSRP. Unlike HD you won't see last years model priced the same as this year......

P.S. They also give military discounts

Thanks for all the comments and please keep'm coming.

I know this is a Busa site but anyone have any real person reviews on the Connie. (Comfort, dependability, maintenance expense) I'm not too keen on magazine reviews.

Connie's are reliable, comfortable, and cheap to operate. Several members here own them now. Me, GeorgiaBusa, Bots, Tuf, etc...

I've been fortunate enough to loose lots of money trading bikes to land on the Connie. (It's a gift...buy high and sell low.) For me it's power it has that sells me on the Connie. All the touring bikes ride well and are comfortable but lacking in the go mode...Tried a Goldwing, Triumph Trophy, and RT1200 BMW before landing on the Connie.

Mitch the connie /FJR / ST are all heavy machines . I owned a FJR1300 Gen II 2012 . Blast to ride once rolling but tank like . I'm to short to move by foot on the saddle so it was push the thing around . The connie is just a little fatter . If your tall you will be ok . If your a short F&*er like me it might be more work than you expected . FYI I have ridden all 3 models many miles . ST best wheelies short wheel base , and parking lot maneuvers , 7 gallon tank , Connie most grunt , FJR best looking without bags , lightest of the three 6.6 gallon tank 303 miles to empty ,

C10 and 2BB thanks or the real rider report.
For kicks and grins i happen to be 6'1 so flat footing it isnt a problem, hopefully this warm spell will hold throughout the remainder of the week so i can test ride one and get somewhat of a feel for it.

If I ever get rid of the Busa, I think the Indian Scout is good looking and really not that expensive. The only drawback I see is that it has a single rider seat.

I have an older (08) c109rt Suzuki Boulevard. Has m109 motor. Lots of power and more low end torque than a Busa. Not going to beat a liter sports bike in a race but has enough balls to help make a transition from the beast to a cruiser. Love mine!

20160305_161449.jpg

I have a Concours C14 and a Busa.

The Connie is a more technically advanced bike. Dollar for dollar it is one of the best bikes on the market, for it's features. IMO.
It has ABS and traction control. An electric adjustable windscreen. Tire pressure monitors. Heated grips. Removable saddlebags are standard.
It has (basically) a detuned ZX14 motor. Sure it's not as fast as a Busa but it's no slow poke either and will keep up with most any bike 99% of the time during normal riding.
You sit a little forward on a stock Connie. Many guys add risers or change the handlebars out and then it's almost a straight sit up bike depending on your dimensions.
If you put crash bars on a Connie you can also add foot pegs to stretch your legs out. Something I have never seen on a Busa. Because that would be:werd:

Every bike probably has a up side and a down side right? There is no perfect bike for everyone - if there was we would all own it.

Now the down sides to a Connie -
The Connie is top heavy and weighs about 150-175 lbs more than a Busa. Slow maneuvers require extra attention to prevent a tip over. No I haven't tipped mine over.
Once going over 5 mph the weight disappears for the most part and is not a problem.
The linked breaks take some getting used too. Cruise control is NOT standard but can be added if desired.

The Concours is a Sport Touring bike. I can ride the Concours much farther then the Busa - Mostly because of Cruise and more upright seating and a taller windscreen etc.

I like my Busa just fine - that's why I didn't get rid of it. But the Concours has earned a place in my garage too.

Search Youtube for Concours test rides and you will get a pretty good idea why there are a number of us that have a Busa and a Connie or some just a Connie now.

If you want any other info just ask.

Thanks Red I'll be sure to come your way in the future with any ?'s.

My biggest concern now is do I list the Busa privately or use as trade in. I know I can get more by P/S but do I really want to deal with the hassle of people coming to the house and what not..(not a big fan). Also what would be a decent price to start at without scaring off potential buyers and not low balling myself. Come on friends help me

Bike details as follows;
2012 Black/ maroon trim
Miles 3567 No that's not a typo
Exhaust M-4 slip on that sound good (but have stock cans if you want)
No engine work all stock, Recall done earlier this month (have paperwork to prove)
Small scuff of the front fender from hauling around in the back of the truck
Small scuff on the right side fairing from a box during a PSC move. (change of station)

Back