Thinking of lowering my bike?

M3Busa

Registered
Just wanted to hear some thoughts? What do i loose, what do i gain?

I have no other reason other than the aesthetics.

Thanks

William

my roomate out here lowered his about a month before we left. He said his pipes hit in a sharp turn but other than that he loves it. Probably bc he is short though.

you loose ground clearance/suspension travel/seat height
you gain more aggressive launches/less wheelie

I lowered mine cause I had to I didn't loose nothing cause I don't knee drag in public roadways anyway.:laugh:

You gain absolutely nothing performance wise by lowering your bike. If you like the lowered look and have no interest in performance then a lowered bike may fit your needs fine and dandy.

Instead of lowering your bike, I'd suggest you put your money into upgrading your suspension and it will pay big dividends in your riding ability! :beerchug:

You gain absolutely nothing performance wise by lowering your bike. If you like the lowered look and have no interest in performance then a lowered bike may fit your needs fine and dandy.

Instead of lowering your bike, I'd suggest you put your money into upgrading your suspension and it will pay big dividends in your riding ability! :beerchug:

Don't drag racers gain something but slamming it??? I only say that most of the busa's at the strip are pretty dam low to the ground??? Not really sure myself

DEPENDS ON HOW YOU WANT TO RIDE . YOU LOSE A LITTLE BUT GAIN ALOT ON THE STRIP . I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LOOKS .:whistle:
Don't drag racers gain something but slamming it??? I only say that most of the busa's at the strip are pretty dam low to the ground??? Not really sure myself

Slamming a bike at the strip is basically to have the lowest possible center of gravity making it less wheelie prone.

Slamming a bike at the strip is basically to have the lowest possible center of gravity making it less wheelie prone.

Yes its suppose to keep the front end down people say. When I Lowered mine, Didn't notice any difference. Didnt gain or lose anything. Time wasn't faster or slower.

Mines lowered and have no issues for street riding. If I was into twisties that might be another story,but riding hard in twisties on the street is just like buying a lottery ticket.

If the OP was a drag racer he would already know the answer to his question!

Mines lowered and have no issues for street riding.

As your skills improve you'll get a much better handle on the suspension issues that develop with a lowered bike!

Mines lowered and have no issues for street riding. If I was into twisties that might be another story,but riding hard in twisties on the street is just like buying a lottery ticket.

Respectfully, it isn't as simple as, "If I was into twisties...", a superbike with a dialed in suspension for the street (at near stock height) can bring it's rider to experiences and increased skill levels that must be learned to be appreciated. And the aspects of safety and comfort are worth a seperate conversation unto themselves.
If you are not into LSR or dragracing or leg length issues, lowering a motorcycle is for bling only....so that means this decision is like being at a crossroads....which path of aftermarket more closely defines one's personal values?
In my view only, how important is it to "look better to others"? We all have some of that in us but at what level of need?
The motorcycle's pure function trumps appearance, FOR ME ONLY, but I would never make another Busa owner wrong for following their values, I would celebrate their happiness with them! Whatever one does, I just think it should be looked at....at that level.
Raydog

Last edited:
well said about the drag racer comment, if i was i would have known. Im not. Im just a rider. This is exactly what i wanted, just some different opinions.

Thanks

WHAT:rofl: Better times overall from a lowered bike. Lower means better launches, better 60ft and lower times with more MPH.:whistle: Dont take my word for it, go to Brock's website and look at the tutorials on there. He took a stock 08 Busa and raced it from bone stock to dropped, stretched, airshifter, custom tuning, racefuel etc... it was impossible to et the bike n stock form.

Back