Thinking of lowering her

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone tell me what all is involved in lowering my 07 Busa? Is this something I can do at home?

And how low can you go before running into problems, I read someone lowered theres 1 1/2" and started having problems . Seems if you have to start changing parts for an 1 1/2" is it worth it.

Thanks for any info. Michael D.

I just raised mine back, had it dropped only half an inch in rear and it makes handling suck in corners. I was tired of being the slow guy. Heck, live in Florida with no turns and still hate the feel of lowered bike.

I love it, it was cheap at least the rear was. But if you into attacking the curves may not be a good idea.

If you are a real corner carver, you wont do it! This is a great mod for a poser.:whistle:

Mines lowered about 1.5 I have no chicken strips on the back tire, I can't notice a difference in the corners. I weigh about 220. It's tough to lower at your house on your own if you don't have like a jack and stands, your front forks will pop right out once you take the clamp off if your not careful.. A shop would probably do it for you for a decent price.

You have to watch out for steep driveway entrances and huge pot holes, those should be things you slow down for at stock height or dodge at normal height.

If your short it will make you more comfortable. I'm 6'5" the bike was already lowered and I was going to raise it back up, but I love it how it is. I passenger people to but they weigh under 120....

You can always raise it back up.

-JLIN

the low budget busa is lowered 1 inch in the front and stock height out back.. no handling issues or chicken strips.. :thumbsup:

the low budget busa is lowered 1 inch in the front and stock height out back.. no handling issues or chicken strips.. :thumbsup:

First, what is a chicken strip?

Two, once a bike has been lowered, what is the best way to determine it is level. Say and inch in the front and 4 inches in the back? :laugh:

do not lower the rear...without lowering the front. if you do it will handle like crap, well like a chopper.

lower both front and rear....

If you are a real corner carver, you wont do it! This is a great mod for a poser.:whistle:

hilarious!! so if you dont race your bike on the track or head to the mountains to take curves as fast as possible, your a poser?? wow! i had no idea.

First, what is a chicken strip?

Two, once a bike has been lowered, what is the best way to determine it is level. Say and inch in the front and 4 inches in the back? :laugh:

WOW I didnt even recognize my own thread, old one.

(( Chicken Strip )) Look at the back tire and you can see on either side where the tire has not been ridden on, ( Not leaning over far enough ) these are called Chicken strips and yes I have them. Somewhat small but they are there.

Dont ask Macon454 what they are his are Non existent.

That is what I had done, lowered the back a few inches without the front. Now I've lowered the front 1" and would like to try and get the back up where it matches the front - level.:banghead:

Dropped mine 3 in the back and runs the corners like magic.

580465228_oiiGc-O-1 (Medium).jpg

Back